Need help picking SFC's

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'm gathering up a few things for when my car comes back from the shop...so far I have a set of Eibach Sportlines springs and Steeda rear LCA's. Suspension wasn't first on my mod list but with good deals coming along on components lately I figured I might as well bump it up on the list and take care of it next. I'm still saving $$ and looking for some shocks and struts and CC plates and I'm thinking about buying sfc's too, that way I can knock everything out while I have the car up on a lift. Deal is, I have no clue what to look for or what would be best for me etc. I'm building the car to have a second DD that will prolly see the track on Friday nights once a month or so. Do I really even need em or should I just put that money elsewhere? I've seen sets in LatemodelResto from $60-150, so if spending an extra $100 will be beneficial to me then I might as well do it.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Custom or MM that's all I would do.

SFC won't be done except on a drive on lift most likely.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Custom or MM that's all I would do.

SFC won't be done except on a drive on lift most likely.
Damn good point I didn't think about that. The shop I work at has a two post lift so yea I'm prolly S.O.L. there.

Does it make a difference whether I get full length or standard? Or I guess a better question would be what's the benefits of one versus the other.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
If your going to spend the money get full length. If you have a good custom shop nearby or one you guys have an agreement with. You could ask them for a quote for through the floor. I don't know how serious your going with your build though.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
If your going to spend the money get full length. If you have a good custom shop nearby or one you guys have an agreement with. You could ask them for a quote for through the floor. I don't know how serious your going with your build though.
Yea I've got access to 3 body shops here with drive-on lifts or frame machines so I can find a place to get it done, and not have to pay to have it done. I didn't know any of em went thru the floor though, is that bolt in or what? I'm completely clueless on em man, I was thinking they are all weld in.

I wouldnt say say it's too extreme of a build, just wanna be able to hook up better than the guy beside me on the strip/street.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online