need help pricing my car

sn97gtnyg

Reaction score
ive decided to put my car up for sale to see if i get any offers. Its a 1997 gt 5sp with the following:
  • Brand new ceterforce stage 2 ctlutch (500 miles)
  • Brand new sensorsnew bunch of little stuff.. 1200$ of work
  • CIA
  • Shorty Headers
  • catted x pipe
  • mangaflow exhaust
  • subframe connectors
  • rear control arms
  • rear sway bar
  • short shifter
  • aftermarket stero system with new speakers and a sub set up
  • coil pack

and most importantly 59,000 miles on it.

i hope i can get at leats 8 for it...... what should i put it at
[/list]

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
First of all, where you live is going to determine what you can get for it. Me personally, I wouldn't pay 8k for a 97 GT. In Alabama, you can find SN95's stangs cheap. I think I paid a little too much for mine at 5500 bucks. I have a buddy selling a 95 GT fully loaded he had it for sale for 7k and sold it for 5k. It had about the same mileage as yours.

Remember, you would probably be better off taking all your mods off and turning your car back to stock and selling your mods separately.

OP
OP
S

sn97gtnyg

Reaction score
i forgot to add that i have brand new brake pads too. Im keeping all the mods on the car no matter what so it is the way it is.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Most of that is maintenance so it won't count it just shows you did keep it up. But for that price people are going to buy the faster new edge car.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not trying to be a jerk, but 6k.

I have a stroked, Novi 2200 blown T-56, and mine isn't worth more than 10k, resale on these sucks, especially with the 05's out now.

S

scarface

Im going to say 6 or 7k.

I sold my 97 gt, with 5 times the mods you have and around the same miles for 9500.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Im going to say 6 or 7k.

I sold my 97 gt, with 5 times the mods you have and around the same miles for 9500.

But again, it depnds on what area of the country you live in. I swear, I need to start buying some of these cheap SN95's here in Alabama and heading north and starting a car lot.

S

scarface

jfor441 said:
scarface said:
Im going to say 6 or 7k.

But again, it depnds on what area of the country you live in. I swear, I need to start buying some of these cheap SN95's here in Alabama and heading north and starting a car lot.
my point was I got a ridiculous offer on my car for that price (my car was 400hp and blown)... he would have a hard time getting near that anywhere in the country

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I paid $5k for a car w/ 4 times more mods than that... but i just lucked out.

I say you can get $5-6k for it. nothing more than that.

I let my car go for $16k and that was just getting what i had in it back out of it

Bluesn95

Reaction score
on these cars paint and interior make a big difference. Extermely clean paint and immac interior would probably at best fetch 7k. If paint is faded at all, interior worn then your probably looking at no more that 5500. The mods probably hurt the car because anyone that is obsessed with mustangs will think that you hotrodded the car. . . . witch you probably did but so do I . . . . mods on stangs usually hurt the car. Honestly I wouldn't even mention the mods when selling the car . Just let the buyer know that you did a very good job of maintaining the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online