need help!!! prochamber

97vertstang

Reaction score
well i got everything in no problems, except it keep leaking air where the prochamber meets to the passenger header.i have unbolt it , used lots of washers , moved it around and it keeps leaking there!!!! :rant: what the hell is going on!!!!!!it leaks right into the starter i feel the hot air there.i keep loosing it everything up and wiggling the tube into place many different positions and just keeps leaking there, what can i do :dunno: ?????

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
It should have a ball socket. Make sure none of the ball is messed up. I have zero problems with mine.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
well something went wrong after trying all day to fix it, and kept leaking i decide to throw in the stock mid pipe in there and guess what??? its leaking even more!!! i dont know what to do now, do they have a exhaust manifold gasket in there, whats going on??this is seriously pissing me off now cause even the stock mid pipe is leaking :rant: i have changed mid pipes before and never had any problems, of course it had to be in my own car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
since it keeps leaking at the same stop. passenger header, where the collector and mid pipe meet, could the header had cracked in the top??? thats the only reasoning behind all of this . the prochamber is good in the flange so is the header!!! the only thing i could think off is the header cracked wherethe pipes meet. what do u guys think???im a take the header off tomorrow to inspect it, BTW they are factory headers.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
another question, i dont think so since nothing came out, but do they need a donut gasket?????

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i have heard that people that had a problem with there midpipe to header connection leaking, used copper RTV to create a good seal...just something i have heard :dunno:

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
well i took the header off and found a hairline crack inside where all the primaries meet.and theres a visible pin sized hole from the outside.could this be making so much noise :dunno: with the prochamber it leaked , and when i put the stock one back one it got worse!!!!! when i turn the car on, i put my hand and it feels where it makes the connection but like i said i did everything and it wont stop leaking.could it be this hairline crack??? theres a lot of pressure going on so it could be fooling me that i feel the air by the connection??? what do u guys think???

S

scarface

exhaust leaks are Crazy things...When my headers were leaking everyone tried to tell me I had a spun rod bearing.

Peter

Reaction score
just use high temp silicone around the joint, or a proper sized doughnut gasket or take it to an exhaust shop who will fix it for like 40 bucks.

Mine leaked before there was nothing I could do the shop had to heat the pipe up and bend it a little bit to get it to fit perfectly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online