need help quick with smog pump delete.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
can anyone tell me wtf the green hose and the red hose are? they come from the fender along with the 2 hoses that go to those 2 sensor things you have to remove, and you plug the ends, however they are really brittle, and i ended up breaking the green hose close to the firewall that lugs into a little mechanical device right by the fuel pressure regulator. can i just cut those and plug each end? or should i leave em?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ok the green hose i broke goes to the egr valve...

ryclef331

Reaction score
i'm PRETTY sure you can just plug them and you won't get a code or if you're dead set on retaining it, just drop your right side fender well liner, and run a whole new line out of 1/8 nylon tubing or vaccum line.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well i dont know what to do, i just got the belt on i just left the smog pump out of the equation, so the belt goes up around the harmonic balancer around the tensioner, and then around the altenator. well now im not seeing full boost, my alt. squeeks load as hell, and when i drive it the belt slips off the tensioner.. sigh

ryclef331

Reaction score
Belt is too small man. I'm telling you, when you get the RIGHT belt, it is fucking TIGHT. I have to completly unbolt my alternator to pry the belt onto it. I thought about this a bit more as well since you mentioned the kenne bell. You MAY want to run that smog delete pulley. The NEW angle the belt run at without the pulley doesn't really give the tensioner a good "push." The tensioner may not have quite enough travel to get the belt fully tight.

I DO think that right now, your belt isn't tight enough. Try picking up two more belts. One 1/2" and another 1" shorter. I can understand the belt might be tight enough to turn that blower but if your alternator is squealing then it is definetly way too loose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online