need help wiht different types of bracking systems

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So I thought I knew everything I needed to know to order my brakes and suddenly there were quesitions he was asking that I did now know. First he asked If I wanted the lines to come off motor or fender side. Thought when I pulled it all out that the lines were on the fender side coming off of the brake booster. Looking at google pics its hard to tell as it looks like some are and some are not. It Looks like there might be enough space if the booster wasn't use but that is another qestion.

He asked if I was running a hydroboost or a.... I can't remember now. I told him that I was as much of a newb as it comes with big brake packages. What is the best/cleanest system to use?

I am hoping to hear back form them tomorrow and if I need to switch what side the lines go out on, I need to know pretty quick. If you could get some pics of either the stock set up or if anyone has an aftermarket deal it would all help me.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding lines coming off motor or fender side, is he referring to the master cylinder? Not sure what year yours is - mine is a 95 and the lines come off the master cylinder motor-side. And my year car does not have hydroboost, it's a regular vacuum operated booster. Hydroboost started in 96 I think, not sure.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yes, most likely your lines will exit the master on the engine side. Typically with the booster there, the lines would hit the strut tower if they cam out the fender side. To add to that, the hydroboost setup started with the modular engines. It takes power steering fluid from the pump and sends it to a booster to help push the brakes. You dont have hydroboost, youll have a vacuum operated booster like [MENTION=15705]mcglsr2[/MENTION] said.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I go baers master cylinder as well so I figured I would need to rerun the lines. I have done a little brake lines when I did my line lock so I am not afraid of that. I just was not sure if one way meant it would not be compatible.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I go baers master cylinder as well so I figured I would need to rerun the lines. I have done a little brake lines when I did my line lock so I am not afraid of that. I just was not sure if one way meant it would not be compatible.

Not really, its more of a clearance thing. If they will clear the strut tower then you can point them toward the fender and have a cleaner look but more than likely itll have to go toward the engine.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
would it be a dumb idea to take them through the shock tower and then down for a nice hidden look? These would be lines I am running obviously...

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
would it be a dumb idea to take them through the shock tower and then down for a nice hidden look? These would be lines I am running obviously...

Nope, not dumb at all. I think 95opal did the same thing with his setup. Youll obviously have to drill a hole large enough for the fitting to pass through, then you could put a rubber grommet around the hole that you cut/drill.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Excelent that would be a much cleaner look and I already know ace sells all the grommets I need. Thanks so much this has been bugging me since I made the order on friday. Just got the bill today and paid thank god that is over. Now just waiting for the fun part.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online