Need help with a code I got

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
I just picked up a 98 Cobra. Threw a code the other day. So I scanned it and got a P1130 and P1131. Dealing with upstream bank 1 O2 sensor. Is it simple as replacing the sensor or what do I need to do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

blackfang

Reaction score
P0130/P0131?
I would change the sensor as it deals with the sensor being low on voltage(p0131) and malfunctioning(P0130). This could also change the ecu to run in open loop mode. With it being bad there is no way for the ECU to measure air fuel in the system so it adjusts the long term fuel trims to compensate for it going lean.

96SVTCobra

Reaction score
mine tripped the same code so i just unplugged the battery for a while. next time it throws it i'll do the same. a guy who is very very good with mustangs said that the computer can pull as much as 50hp when the engine trips. mine set off 6 codes becasue of one malfunctioning o2 sensor. i HATE the computers in our cars.

blackfang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
where the hell you been blackfang ???
Been busy with work and helping others out with their cars getting them ready for the track. Still need time to do both of mine..lol.

OP
OP
D

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
I knew you'd come through BlackFang. Thanks bro. I picked up a new sensor today at lunch and I'm about to put it in. Can't wait to feel the power afterwards. The light has been ever since I bought it.

Jeremy

blackfang

Reaction score
Dark-5.0 said:
I knew you'd come through BlackFang. Thanks bro. I picked up a new sensor today at lunch and I'm about to put it in. Can't wait to feel the power afterwards. The light has been ever since I bought it.

Jeremy
Make sure you put a small amount of anti sieze on it before threading it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online