Need help with AC

Downshift

Reaction score
Ok, so its been about 105ish lately up here around sacramento and my ac in my BLACK car with leather isnt working :rant:. Lets just say I feel like im in hell.... Anyway Found the problem to be my A/C compressor. The AC was blowing cold air fine about a month ago. The clutch seems to not be engaging on it. So I have a few ?s

1. Has anyone been able to fix this, or know a possible cause for this so I can try to fix it myself?
2. Can I use a fox 5.0 compressor if I dont end up having to buy one? Or does it need to be a 94/95.

I need some help guys im burning up :hammer:

Tattoogod

Reaction score
the compressor will not engage if the gas is low..have you tried to put more r134a in it?

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Cant afford to move nor do I want to lol. I havnt tried putting more in, I will buy a gauge and see if it is low.

Tattoogod

Reaction score
also check the fuses and relays.the compressor's not always to blame..worth a try.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Are there any more fuses or relays I should check besides the fuse box or is that it?

HISSIN50

Reaction score
I would use manifold gauges. You really need to see high side pressure too (let alone that those dippy low-side gauges are kinda inaccurate).

With good gauge data, you can get it figured out.

Good luck.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Are there any more fuses or relays I should check besides the fuse box or is that it?
I would check the low pressure switch on the firewall. Unplug it and use a jumper wire to see if the compressor kicks on. If it does kick on and you a full of freon, just replace the low pressure switch :thumb:. I think that is a very common problem with the A/C on our cars.

wytstang

Reaction score
94yellowgt said:
5.0wned said:
I would check the low pressure switch on the firewall. Unplug it and use a jumper wire to see if the compressor kicks on. If it does kick on and you a full of freon, just replace the low pressure switch :thumb:. I think that is a very common problem with the A/C on our cars.
Beat me too it the pressure switch as called the cycling switch that sits on the evaporator (black canister near the firewall) useally gives the same symptoms.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
By jumper wire do you mean just a piece of wire to skip over something? Sorry I feel retarded haha. Im still kinda unclear on what to do. Thanks for the help though.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
By jumper wire do you mean just a piece of wire to skip over something? Sorry I feel retarded haha. Im still kinda unclear on what to do. Thanks for the help though.
Yes, just a wire. Start the car with the A/C on and unplug the pressure switch on the firewall and put one end of the wire in one terminal and the other end in the other terminal and if it kicks on, that your problem.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Well I tested it today. Came right on, but wasnt cold so I put some more R134 in there. My friend tested his turned out his switch was bad and he was low but Just need to get a new belt tomorrow and I will be having AC!!! So Im really happy.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Well I tested it today. Came right on, but wasnt cold so I put some more R134 in there. My friend tested his turned out his switch was bad and he was low but Just need to get a new belt tomorrow and I will be having AC!!! So Im really happy.
I'm glad that we could help. Hope you get it working soon.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Yeah I will have the new belt tomorrow, thanks again for the help I almost gave up lol.

Methodical

Reaction score
94yellowgt said:
5.0wned said:

Do what he says and if it gets cold you don't need any freon just a new switch

NastyStang

Reaction score
what if your compressor does not cut off?
if it just keeps running
It blows cold but will not cycle off

Nastystang??????????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online