Need help with air bags

skids007

Reaction score
hey everybody, i wasn't quite sure if this should go in electrical, so just let me know if it needs moved. A few months ago i crashed my car, and have gotten very close to finishing it. The only thing in my way now would be the air bags. my issue is that I'm getting this air bag light (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRkPqExoXCY).
the sensors are used ones of a donor car, but i do have the original ones that were on the car when the air bags went off. should i swap the original sensors back on the car? do i need new ones? basically, how do i get rid of the warning light, and put new airbags in without them going off when i connect the battery? please and thank you

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sensors are an easy swap to try and could be the problem. I thought I read that they recommend replacing the airback ECU as well after a wreck? That was one of the reasons I got my parts car was all that stuff was still good.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
hey everybody, i wasn't quite sure if this should go in electrical, so just let me know if it needs moved. A few months ago i crashed my car, and have gotten very close to finishing it. The only thing in my way now would be the air bags. my issue is that I'm getting this air bag light (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRkPqExoXCY).
the sensors are used ones of a donor car, but i do have the original ones that were on the car when the air bags went off. should i swap the original sensors back on the car? do i need new ones? basically, how do i get rid of the warning light, and put new airbags in without them going off when i connect the battery? please and thank you

Easy fix! So just so were on the same page, you installed new airbags (driver and passenger), the sensors, and the module which you got used?

That's fine if you did, just make sure you have installed the module, and sensors off the other car, since yours will be junk after the accident. This light is normal if you have installed new airbags into the car. The car knows when parts of the airbag system have been removed or set off and signals this light to let the owner know. It's kinda like a security light in ways. To turn this light off there is a access under the passenger foot well area to a connector which when you jump 2 of the plugs resets the airbag system and will turn that light back off. This is what is typically called a Airbag Code 52. If you type Mustang Code 52 into google you will see many how-to's and questions about it. It works kinda like your engine codes in ways. The light was triggered due to the accident, and needs to be reset. Once it is reset if it finds no new codes, it will function like normal and arm the airbags. If there are no other reoccurring faults in the circuit it will stay off and function like normal, but if there are other faults it will come back on to warn you once again. Here is a link to how to go about the reset.

[video=youtube;cQp74q7H2LM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQp74q7H2LM[/video]

OP
OP
S

skids007

Reaction score
thanks everyone for your help, just got it in now. i had to put the new airbags in for it to work ( i had them out previously) and i did not need a new module.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online