Need help with caster camber plates

Discussion in 'Suspension and Brakes' started by CrystalWhite, May 22, 2015.

1. CrystalWhite

CrystalWhite New Member

Hey guys I am really getting confused with setting up my front suspension. The PO installed a Eibach pro kit and UPR 4 bolt caster camber plates. I had it aligned once with this setup without any issue. I recently installed new Tokico blue shocks for a foxbody, which to my understanding are ~1" shorter. I did that because I was told it would compensate for the lowering kit better. I used the recommended spacer configuration from the UPR instructions for the caster camber plates and it seemed to work out. I brought it to the alignment shop and they ran out of camber adjustment on the drivers side only.

I don't understand how just changing the struts could effect the amount of camber adjustment so much. Has anyone ever run into an issue like this before?

2. 98snakehorse

98snakehorse Well-Known Member

I would first check with another alignment shop. The spacers may need to be altered in order to compensate for the shorter strut? Just a couple of ideas. Im not real familiar with the UPR cc plates

3. CrystalWhite

CrystalWhite New Member

I have an appointment with another shop next week to try and get it done. I was just trying to see if there was anything I can check out in the meantime. I do not have a very big drop so I may take one of the spacers from the top on each side and put it to the bottom just to be sure. Although, I don't think that can affect the alignment since the spacers should only control the amount the strut is compressed. Does anyone know that for sure?

4. CrystalWhite

CrystalWhite New Member

Turns out the first guy that tried to do my alignment was a clown. Took it to a very experienced alignment guy and he said there was zero issue getting the camber right and that the toe was way out. The first guy said the toe was fine....that was the reason I burned a set of tires.