Need HELP with those who have installed a UPR X-pipe!

rgurleyjr

Reaction score
After installing my UPR x-pipe on my 98, I found out that it doesn't fit right! I thought the gasket on the passenger side was leaking but it turns out that the flange on the x-pipe itself does not mate up to the exhaust manifold outlet, after I bottom the nuts on the studs, there is a gap on the left side of the flange where exhaust is leaking. I have tried adjusting the x-pipe to get the passenger side flange to sit right but there is still a gap, it's almost like they welded the flange crooked and that one side of the flange is hitting the exhaust manifold first and not letting the rest mate up. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone offer any advice other than selling it and getting another brand?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
You are not the first person I have heard that had fitment
issues with the UPR X pipe.You should have got a Bassani X pipe
instead and you wouldn't be going through that.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMO I have now heard too much bad stuff about UPR im only going to buy 'styling accessories' from them from this point forward.

Thats too bad man have you tried those lead O-rings that come with felpro header gaskets? I know when I first did my H pipe I thought it wasnt closing properly but you just have to make sure there is not more pressure on one side, it can be a ordeal espeically if you dont have a lift. Id just take it to a exhaust shop and ask them to take a quick look.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Id just take it to a exhaust shop and ask them to take a quick look.

thats what i did after installing my h-pipe. they checked it all out and since it was a factory h with the cats removed had to make some adjustments (welding, etc.). still only cost me $70 :dunno:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
You are not the first person I have heard that had fitment
issues with the UPR X pipe.You should have got a Bassani X pipe
instead and you wouldn't be going through that.

can you not read man, he asked for advice on a way to give it a better fit...his last sentence asked for people to giv suggestions other than getting a differnet brand, i swear every post you make is telling someone to get another brand that is suppose to be superior and shit...the guy asked a question and if all you gonna do is come in here and tell him to go buy something else instead of dealing with whatg he has get out of the thread.

OP
OP
R

rgurleyjr

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it's turns out that a lot of people have problems getting that side to fit correctly the first time. It'll be on jackstands but I'll make sure the passenger side get bolted first. I can't take it to an exhaust shop, it's catless.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
rgurleyjr said:
I can't take it to an exhaust shop, it's catless.

I'm Not so sure about that...It was an exhaust shop that put my O\R H-Pipe on.....You just have to know where to go.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
rgurleyjr said:
Thanks guys, it's turns out that a lot of people have problems getting that side to fit correctly the first time. It'll be on jackstands but I'll make sure the passenger side get bolted first. I can't take it to an exhaust shop, it's catless.

how big is the gap? if it isnt that big, you can use copper RTV to seal it up...

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
First of all I KNOW YOUR FRUSTRATION. I installed my x-pipe. It was a pain.
Did you tighten the front alittle then the back alittle and then alternate each end till it was all tightened?
If all else fails use RTV.

markupr

Reaction score
Call Jeremy (sales manager) at UPR. 561 588-6630 or e-mail him [email protected].
It's his job to make sure every customer is satisfied and he will be glad to help you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.