need help

raymond

Reaction score
hey guys i recently bought a 1997 cobra as a project and i have a few interior connectors i dont know what they go to. so the guy i bought it from wrecked it and bought a new shell and swapped motor, trans, interior, and just left this car in a pile of parts. Theres 3 connectors im kinda stuck with right now ones a 5 pin in the drivers area colors being brown/blue, black/orange, purple/orange, black, blue/red. also in the drivers area close to the firewall i have a a 4 pin with 2 red/blue and 2 white/Pink?? and the last one in the radio area but it might be placed wrong, single pin green/red. Any help is appreciated, THANKS

Untitled by oldawgnewtrikz, on Flickr

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
So is that right under the headlight switch because there’s nothing on the panel where the headlight switch is

That is the case with my 95 GT but the dash I removed from my 98 GT does. Not all Mustangs were equipped with be rear defroster. Ty wrap it out of the way and forget about it.

OP
OP
R

raymond

Reaction score
thanks so much, i was getting so mad at that and was getting ready to pull the dash again to try to figure it out. any clue what the green and red wire is?

OP
OP
R

raymond

Reaction score
I believe this connection is for the neutral safety switch.

so ill be using a t45 transmission which i believe does not have a neutral safety switch? correct me if im wrong ha, but would i just leave that empty then?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
thanks so much, i was getting so mad at that and was getting ready to pull the dash again to try to figure it out. any clue what the green and red wire is?

Not a clue but I’m doing some wiring work Saturday. I’ll dig around and find out for you.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
so ill be using a t45 transmission which i believe does not have a neutral safety switch? correct me if im wrong ha, but would i just leave that empty then?
[MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] - Can you chime in on this?

07GtS197

Reaction score
That one is not for the neutral safety switch. I have that same connector in my 02 and it is also disconnected. And as far as I know t45s use an nss. My 00 gt had one.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
T45s don’t use a neutral safety switch. They use the clutch safety switch. You can start your car in any gear as long as you push the clutch.

As as far as these connectors go....I have no clue.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
That one is not for the neutral safety switch. I have that same connector in my 02 and it is also disconnected. And as far as I know t45s use an nss. My 00 gt had one.

That is for automatic cars. As you know, Ford included all of the connections (I think this practice stopped in 1997?) in the harness even if they aren’t used (think how the 94/95 5.0 cars has an inert OBD2 connection) in that model.

OP
OP
R

raymond

Reaction score
That is for automatic cars. As you know, Ford included all of the connections (I think this practice stopped in 1997?) in the harness even if they aren’t used (think how the 94/95 5.0 cars has an inert OBD2 connection) in that model.

Find anything yesterday? I put power to the chassis after pulling the engine and I think everything in the interior worked but I didn’t have any of the radio stuff hooked up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online