Need help

OP
OP
Knightstallion
Reaction score
the nice thing about something like that is I bet you don't ever do it again.
Only time will tell, sometimes I like going back for a second whoopin, I'm just glad I didn't quit yesterday when I said I was going to, because I already have to wait till Thursday to get my part now

95opal

Reaction score
I thought that was fuel too, (was thinking it was a combination of putting 22 lb injectors instead of 19, and having bad timing ) but I smelled and inspected it, it has very little to no fuel smell and the black in it appears to be carbon. I think my exhaust system may be clogged, but I did determine my evaporative canister purge valve is shot, so that's another part of the cascading engine problem, but yes, no I did not remove the spout, cause I was too busy trying to remember what I had just learned to do for the first time, that I forgot what I knew already. Sooo since you have reminded me of that, I'll try to adjust the timing again when I get the evap can, in the meantime I'll check the plugs and I'll remove the distributor cap and moves the main drive pulley to see if there's any play in my chain. Thanks, I can't believe I forgot to take that thing out, that was all I actually knew about timing before a week or two ago

If your running 22# untuned youl run rich not much but it will run rich. Reset timing to 14* BTD inspect plugs and fire it up.

OP
OP
Knightstallion
Reaction score
If your running 22# untuned youl run rich not much but it will run rich. Reset timing to 14* BTD inspect plugs and fire it up.
Ok here comes the stupid question, from 0 the engine runs clockwise so advancing is counterclockwise right, cause that's the information I was working with when I forgot to remove the plug, (I was worried then because it really wasn't making any real difference at the time) but now I know why, but now I just want to verify

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online