need help

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
i have a 1994 gt convertible and i need help with it little over a year ago when i bought it, it ran fine besides over heating issue i fixed the overheating issue and dove into modding it a little bit i put cobra intake, shorty headers, bbk fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator, egr delete and then i decided to go back and where its at now i have stock intake and shorty's and bbk fuel pump and pressure regulator and egr back on it and its open header basically besides small pipes that stop by the transmission and it now sounds fully cammed and thats the honest way of describing it, if you were to put a video of my car running with a sn95 with e303 you couldn't tell the difference my main question is does it run cammed to no exhuast or should i be looking for something else in the issue book

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

You say open header. Does that mean their are no oxygen sensors hooked up? This could potentially be the issue.

We got alot of great minds hanging around here and im sure one of them has the ansewe to help you. Hang out for a bit. Someone will chime in.

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
its basically open header but i do have small pipes connected to the headers that the 02 sensors are in the pipes stop right before the transmission

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
its running like its fully built and idk why, like completely cammed and all the videos i see of open header 94 to 95 gt they dont sound the same

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
its running like its fully built and idk why, like completely cammed and all the videos i see of open header 94 to 95 gt they dont sound the same

Most open header, stock 5.0 cars sound like total crap! Do you have exhaust to put on the car? Just to try and see if it runs better with it?

joemomma

Reaction score
Is the car shaking/vibrating? Could be a miss. Check plugs/wires.

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
thx you guys so much i put an exhaust on it with new 02 sensors and it seems better

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how far from the end of the exhaust do you think the o2 sensors are? If they are too close to the end they can read wrong and throw the tune off trying to correct

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online