Need info on 99 cobras.

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
I got a buddy of mine looking at buying a white 99 cobra. looks real good. hes been talking to the owener via email. guy is asking 10,400 obo. doesn't seem too unreasonable. Well neither him or I know anything bout 99 cobras. I was hoping someone here could point us to somewhere with some info. Thanks guys.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Best thing I can tell you to do is Google 99 cobra, thats where I got a LOT of info on them before I got mine. The biggest issue is to make sure the car has had the FIX from the factory. Meaning its got the correct HP and TQ output that it is suppose to have. Most of the 99's were DOWN on power due to a combination of errors from the factory.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
VertTireSmoke said:
So how would u know if it had "the fix" done?

Well I called about mine ( to ford ) my local dealer looked it up on the computer to see when and where it was done. I know you could call the SVT number too if its still in operation. Besides that I know something about a paint mark on the alternator or something like that :-\. There was a exhaust issue / computer issue / intake issue and I think one other thing that had to be fixed to give the correct hp and tq output.

OP
OP
V

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
alright cool. thanks. ill pass this along to him so we can get the vin and figure this stuff out. If you guys know anything else that we should know please let us know. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online