Need so help to figure it out - bumpy ride ...

Nirwan

Reaction score
Hopefully the experts here can help me with this question, My car cruises fine up to about 55 mph, above that it becomes bumpy and starts to vibrate, up to about 75 to 80 mph then it's fine again. it seems to come from the front wheels/suspension, but the steeringwheel feels fine no vibrations. Tires have been changes recently and are all balanced. And after that the car has been alligned. Running stock struts and eibach pro springs. everyting else on the suspension is still stock. Also Brakerotors en pads are varely new. And no sqeeling, so wheelbearing seems unlikely. What could cause this wobbling at higher speeds ?

OP
OP
Nirwan

Nirwan

Reaction score
No one ? Curious what you think the problem could be. Would a bumpsteer kit help ? Planning on installing one hoping it wil help.
Is it always neccesary to install bumpsteer kit when lowering the car ?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
The tires may have just been balanced, but possibly a wheel weight fell off or a pothole set them off? It could be any number of things, but i would start simple by rotating the tires and see if the vibration shifts to the rear. You could also do a shake test up front to see if your ball joints/tie rod ends/ bearings are loose (probably not if they were able to align it). Also could be that the wheels are slightly bent or out of round from rough roads? As stated earlier though, I'd start simple and work on crossing the easy things off your list of possible causes

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
A bump steer kit won't do anything for in this case. and NO you don't always need it on a lowered car but it also depends how low you go.
Have you tried rotating the wheels to see if the vibration moves front to rear?
Other places to look are tie rod ends, blown struts, ball joints,

OP
OP
Nirwan

Nirwan

Reaction score
First of all thnx for your replies...

A bump steer kit won't do anything for in this case. and NO you don't always need it on a lowered car but it also depends how low you go.
Have you tried rotating the wheels to see if the vibration moves front to rear?
Other places to look are tie rod ends, blown struts, ball joints,

I will first try the rotating the tires, already did the shake test and nothing seems to have unusual play in it.
The blown struts idea, could be because it still has stock struts with 140000 miles on it ...
What is the best way to test this, heard about pressing the car down and if it bounces 3 or more times the strut is toast. is this correct or can i do a better test ?

I was already saving up for new rims and struts/shocks and bumpsteer kit, but i'll put the money for bumpsteer kit towards the rims. Thnx guys for your input... :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.