need some advice on a setup I am thinking about

1BadSnakeBite

Reaction score
Hey everyone I need some advice on a setup I am thinking about. Right now, I have my 95 Cobra with a factory rebuilt SVT GT40 head motor in it just like it came from the factory with about 6000 miles on it now. The only engine mods I have at the time are a C&L 76mm MAF Kit and tube, a PP 70mm TB and some BBK Shorty headers.

Now this is what I am planning on doing and need to know if I am heading in the right direction.

255lph in tank pump
Kirban adjustable regulator
MSD 6AL ignition
MSD Billet Dizzy
Under drive pullies
Cometic head gaskets
ARP bolt set for the heads etc.
Vortech V-2 SQ S-Trim
Air To Air intercooler

Anything I am missing or any better ideas let me know. For now I am gonna keep the stock GT-40 heads on teh car but may end up going with the Trick Flow Track Heat setup or maybe just some Twisted Wedge heads. I also have the Lunati cam that comes with the Holley Systemax setup that I may put in with my stock setup but am not sure if the stock GT40 heads can take the lift of that cam without changing the valve springs. I look forward to anyones help and advice with this setup. This will be my winter project here in Germany to get ready for the spring race season here. The car already has gears, a TKO-500 tranny etc. All I need to do is get some sub frame connectors. :help2:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a sweet combo.
I don't know a lot about the pushrod, but there's plenty of guys here that do.

Suspension wise, You'll want to go with Maximum Motorsports.
I suggest you call them and review what you want to do.

Their XL subs are awsome, much stronger and priced very well.
You'll also want LCA's

Good luck on the overhaul, keep us updated :)

OP
OP

1BadSnakeBite

Reaction score
I have the complete UPR Pro Street Control arm setup. I will see how they do before I spend any other money on the rear suspension. I had all MM stuff on my 92 and loved it so I may go that route if need be. I want the car to be a dual purpose setup. Drag and road course.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
Don't buy the underdrive pullies. You have to use the stock pullies when you run a blower. You will have to custom build an intercooler since last I checked they don't sell any for our cars. You are missing injectors. I would suggest 42#'s, and get a TUNE. My car with the stock GT40 motor with edelbrock performer heads and the S-trim my car made 417/433 with an SCT tune. Stay with the stock came since you car has 1.7 rr on them and will actually increase lift and I am sure you do not want a valve slapping a piston.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online