Need some help on seat tracks/frames details

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by TMI Products, Oct 6, 2014.

1. TMI Products

TMI Products Active Member Preferred Vendor

Hey Guys - I need some quick help. A buddy of mine is upgrading his Terminator.
    He sold his complete cobra seats (front and back) intact as they were decent and then i instructed him to simply buy a new set of frames and our new Cobra foam and Upholstery would bolt right up, as we've done the swaps here a number of times. What I obviously did not know was there is a difference in the power frame rails from 94-98 to 99-04 and the power options are not simply just a plug and play.
    For 1), switching to a GT frame he's losing the side power bolsters he had on the Cobra frames - 2) it looks like 94-98 has 3 plugs and his 99-04's only had 1 plug? Which, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit is not something I knew until about 10 minutes ago.

Question is - when swapping a set of 94-98 GT seats into a 2004 Cobra - is there a way to splice in the power options? Or does he simply need to go out and buy a pair of 99-04 Buckets?

Thanks for any help you can send way - this is something you'd think I would have come across by now - but i guess you learn something new every day.

-W

2. TMI Products

TMI Products Active Member Preferred Vendor

Furthermore, it looks like 94-98 female sides to the seat belts bolt to the trans tunnel - and 99-04 Cobra seats bolt to the seat frame itself. Sheesh.

3. JKady

JKady Active Member

My 95 GT power seat base only had one 2 pin plug that actually went to the car, the rest was handled between the base and seat switch. I don't have meter or manual on hand but judging by the wire colors the plug only has a power and ground.

You are correct on the belts, they bolt to the tunnel.

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

There is a way to wire up the harness that is not all that hard, I am sure someone has the link to the post showing how to do it I can't find it now.

They got rid of the adjustable bolsters on the sides when they did the cost cutting moves around 98-99. The earlier seats were fairly nice for a stock seat with the adjustments on it.