Need some help! Quickly!!!

96gt226410

Reaction score
I'm doing a PI swap and I ran into a problem. The passenger side head timing chain arm (the longer of the two) has two holes in it for bolts and a hole in the bottom for a pin. When I line up the pin at the bottom, there's only one hole at the top for the bolt to go through.Does anyone with experiance have an idea? Please let me know ASAP!!! Thanks...

Thomas_W

Reaction score
are you referring to the "swing" arm the one that slides over the pin and the other end is free to move to adjust chain tension via the tensioner. OR the "guide" which is held in place by 2 bolts?

OP
OP
96gt226410

96gt226410

Reaction score
There are two bolts at one end, but the other has a whole in it that lines up with a pin. Almost like a dowel pin.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
96gt226410 said:
There are two bolts at one end, but the other has a whole in it that lines up with a pin. Almost like a dowel pin.

thats for the tensioner "swing" arm, not the guide...

The tensioner swing arm slides over the pin, then the tensioner itself is bolter into those 2 bolt holes.

Front2.jpg

Thats the picture w/ just the guides installed.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I've got an aluminum block so things are a bit different, but they are still the same...

post pictures b/c i can't help much, but from what you telling me, its sounds like you've got the guides on the wrong side of the motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.