Need some input on lower intake install

StangerBanger

Reaction score
ive heard some people say that after installing a new intake, you need to go back and re torque the lower intake bolts once youve run the engine. the only problem i see here is that the lower manifold bolts are next to impossible to get to once the upper plenum, fuel rails, wiring harness ect are on. is it really necessary to take all that stuff off again just to re torque those lower bolts? anybody have experience with this? blue loctite maybe???

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I never did. . Never had an issue. . Just use the right torque sequence.. i even put some boost thru it for a lil bit..

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I never re did my lower and when we pulled it out after only about 5k on it the bolts were not properly tightened anymore.

They were initially torqued in sequence to correct specs according to Haynes manual.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

RichV

Reaction score
I've never done it either. And I have done lower intakes a million times.

Agreed on the correct pattern, torque, and I use a light coat or RTV. Use good gaskets, blue rubber on the valley seals NO CORK!!

OP
OP
S

StangerBanger

Reaction score
they didn't seem like they were tightened to spec when i took off the original intake either.. i guess its not that big of a deal?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar