need some input..

yamahaSHO

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
yamahaSHO said:
This wouldn't be the car you're talking aobut, is it?

http://www.axiscycle.com/slowsho/video/

uh... how much does that car weigh?
he doesn't have gears in it or anything?

If I raced him from a dig I hand him his ass...

I don't understand how a heavier car w/ less power is faster then a car with more power ???

please help me out... i'm confused at how that car beat the 95 GT

I have a feeling the GT driver cant drive or something

Flat torque curves help, as well as being able to wrap the motor to 8,000 RPM (this is my dyno)....
SC%20Dyno.jpg

That and the car has over 200 whp and is probably around 3200 - 3300 lbs. Aside from the new GT (as I have no experience with), many healthy SHO's give GT's a run for their money.

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
k, see thats with mod's , im talking a bone stock sho or just 1 mod done, I dont see how a 4 door family grocery getter weighs 3200 -3400 lbs.. k let's do the math a sho is 4 door's prob weighs 3500-3700 lbs its 220hp 215 tq and is a v6, my car is 215 hp 285tq v8 and my car weighs like 3,300 lbs im pretty sure being the sho has fwd it loses more whp so that means my car makes more whp alot more tq and is alot lighter and my car is only 2 door sports car im pretty sure weight, hp , tq and aerodynamics is what wins arace which is why a corvette smokes a mustang, so im pretty sure my car is faster.. i dont get it 87-93 mustang's are 225hp 302 tq and ligther than a sho, a 99+ gt is 260hp 302 tq and these are all alot lighter so i dont see how a family car is faster when it makes = if not around the same hp but alot less torque.. between 1987-2004 mustang gt's i have seen out of the 4.6 and 5.0 liter bone stock times of very high high 13's low 14's to about low 15's and slowest ive seen out of a bone stock gt is mid 15's. im pretty sure a bone stock sho is low 15's to mid 15's and a modded 1 in the low 15's high 14's.. so thats a big diffrence ..

so a mustang gt 13-15 sec 1/4
taurus sho 15 sec 1/4

numbers dont lie so it all depends on the driver..

G

GREG@SN95

uh... my mustang ran 14.9 1/4mile stock and its a vert... lol.. thats was the prev owner... i'm sure i could get lower then that...

mustang and SVO weigh close to the same
SVO makes 5 extra ponies
mustang makes 70 more ft.lbs torque...

lol... shitty mustang drivers...

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
so your not racing for money, or pinks, or g/f's just bragging rights? Practice your launches go have fun and be safe...stop internet racing allready.

G

GREG@SN95

95KBGT said:
so your not racing for money, or pinks, or g/f's just bragging rights? Practice your launches go have fun and be safe...stop internet racing allready.
yes sir.
sorry officer :police: :police: :police:

yamahaSHO

Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
k, see thats with mod's , im talking a bone stock sho or just 1 mod done, I dont see how a 4 door family grocery getter weighs 3200 -3400 lbs.. k let's do the math a sho is 4 door's prob weighs 3500-3700 lbs its 220hp 215 tq and is a v6, my car is 215 hp 285tq v8 and my car weighs like 3,300 lbs im pretty sure being the sho has fwd it loses more whp so that means my car makes more whp alot more tq and is alot lighter and my car is only 2 door sports car im pretty sure weight, hp , tq and aerodynamics is what wins arace which is why a corvette smokes a mustang, so im pretty sure my car is faster.. i dont get it 87-93 mustang's are 225hp 302 tq and ligther than a sho, a 99+ gt is 260hp 302 tq and these are all alot lighter so i dont see how a family car is faster when it makes = if not around the same hp but alot less torque.. between 1987-2004 mustang gt's i have seen out of the 4.6 and 5.0 liter bone stock times of very high high 13's low 14's to about low 15's and slowest ive seen out of a bone stock gt is mid 15's. im pretty sure a bone stock sho is low 15's to mid 15's and a modded 1 in the low 15's high 14's.. so thats a big diffrence ..

so a mustang gt 13-15 sec 1/4
taurus sho 15 sec 1/4

numbers dont lie so it all depends on the driver..

I've run mid 14's in my stock SHO and here is the power it put down....
676777_122_full.jpg

...In this car...

676777_132_full.jpg

Notice the torque curve and the ability to wrap out the motor. I'd rather have a flatter torque curve that has more useable power than a high, peak torque. Don't be suprised if the outcome isn't like you planned.

95gtjeff said:
and aerodynamics is what wins arace which is why a corvette smokes a mustang

Never mind the fact the new ZO6 makes MUCH more power than the Mustang....

95gtjeff said:
I found stats on both car's as well

1995 mustang gt

215hp
285tq

5.0 302 v8

0-60 6.7

1/4 15.1@93

curb weight 3,340 lbs

1995 sho mtx

3.0 yamaha v6
220hp
215tq

0-60 7.5

1/4 15.8@87

curb weight 3561 lbs

That's a big diffrence in a race.. the only thing in the same ballpark is crank horsepower..

so with that being said.. Back to the topic of this, this kid lies and no matter what hes faster and is a mustang hater so no matter what he says i kno my car is faster, that show's it would take his mod he has to be as fast as my car is like bone stock i have alot of mod's and my car is deff in the 13's now, i kno he has a 3.2 atx sho motor and y pipe so his car is in the 14's now so i dont see how his car is faster esp a real race from a dig, his car only pulls from a roll

mustang = upper hand on a race from a stop

taurus = upper hand on a roll race

Your specs on the SHO are rather inaccurate. The MTX SHO does NOT have 215 ft/lbs of torque (although the SHO in questions does have a 3.2 with 3.0L cams IIRC, so it is probably sitting around 235-240hp now). It does have 200 though. Stock MTX SHO's are around 3,200 - 3,300 lbs. My '92 was just over 3,200 lbs (3,209 IIRC). As I've also stated, my STOCK SHO is in the 14's.

95gtjeff said:
so i dont kno whats going on, what would it take to make 1 run in the 13's?

I fully built NA motor, a stock motor with some N2O, and boost obviously.... But from a roll, the boosted SHO's shine.

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
IM just copying what was in a old 94 issue of car and driver specs of the 94-95 mustang gt and 94-95 taurus sho :laugh:

so the magazine writer was wrong ;)

d_punch

Reaction score
you just said you have an intake and bolt-ons, what exactly do you have?

i had a buddy who had a white one just like the one posted and it was all balls. his best run was a 13.5 and would do 13.7-13.8 an the regular. his only problem was traction off the line. and he was on street tires, and full interior. and from what i knew he had a full exhaust and CAI done. thats from what he toldme. if he had more then he was good at keeping secrets.
and just cause he says he only has a y pipe that don't mean shit, be careful. i can bet he has more than that. expect more, those cars will walk on you in a heart beat.

yamahaSHO

Reaction score
d_punch said:

i had a buddy you had a white one just like the one posted and it was all balls. his best run was a 13.5 and would do 13.7-13.8 an the regular. his only problem was traction off the line. and he was on street tires, and full interior. and from what i knew he had a full exhaust and CAI done. thats from what he toldme. if he had more then he was good at keeping secrets.
and just cause he says he only has a y pipe that don't mean shit, be careful. i can bet he has more than that. expect more, those cars will walk on you in a heart beat.

Your buddy had a white what? I'm a little lost in your post....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yamahaSHO said:
Snakebit said:
I didnt intend for this to turn into a big debate on the SHO ::)

;D ;D

Meh... It happens :eek:uttahere:

looks like it, wonder how the guys over at SVTP would take the SHO talk :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

d_punch

Reaction score
yamahaSHO said:
d_punch said:

i had a buddy you had a white one just like the one posted and it was all balls. his best run was a 13.5 and would do 13.7-13.8 an the regular. his only problem was traction off the line. and he was on street tires, and full interior. and from what i knew he had a full exhaust and CAI done. thats from what he toldme. if he had more then he was good at keeping secrets.

sorry about that, i fixed it.

he had a white SHO, or is this topic about a mustang going against a space shuttle.

yamahaSHO

Reaction score
d_punch said:
yamahaSHO said:
d_punch said:

sorry about that, i fixed it.

he had a white SHO, or is this topic about a mustang going against a space shuttle.

If your buddy had a SHO in the 13's, he lied about his modifications. It takes more work and mods than intake and exhast to get a SHO into the 13's. The SHO mentioned from the beginning does have a 3.2L motor, a y-pipe, and slightly shaved heads. His car has been somewhat of a 'freak' as I believe he's laid down a 14.2, IIRC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online