Need some input

NewEdgeGodzilla

Reaction score
64632134-E956-4B6A-A90A-C9BA0D401551.jpeg

Recently acquired my first ford product, an 03 GT. In the next few weeks I will be ordering either a crate 7.3L “Godzilla” or one built N/A from Willis Performance along with an OBR engine controller. I know I will need an aftermarket intake, k member, and oil pan to make it fit without altering the body. Fuel system will be upgraded as well. My questions really all pertain to what is going to go into keeping everything else on the car (automatic trans, a/c, pats, etc) functioning like “factory”. I’ve never dealt with a stand-alone controllers and keeping factory modules. If anyone knows of any complete swaps of this nature please point me in that direction. I have seen Willis’s twin turbo mustang but for now I want to stay N/A

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are a few of us running holley efi in one way or another and we also have some experts for the squirts if he stops in and blesses us with his knowledge.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Welcome me to the forum!

You’re going to be the one paving the way for this swap on here. From what I understand, the modular trans will bolt up to the Godzilla so that’s not an issue. I’m not totally sure about the engine mounts, but I think they bolt up or are really close to bolting up.

You’re going to have to make your own brackets for the a/c and power steering to bolt up.

There’s a fella that did this swap on YouTube, his channel was Hartwick Performance. He did the swap in his driveway.

On to the controller, if you’re trying to retain the factory pats, and factory automatic transmission function, you’re going to have to keep the stock ecu in place and you’ll have to share signals from the OBR controller with the factory computer so it knows things like coolant temp and engine speed and throttle position so it’ll have your shift points working correctly.

Is there any reason you want to keep the 4r70 transmission instead of using a newer transmission and a factory Godzilla computer?

badass98svt

Reaction score
What are you using for a k member?
Why the 7.3? Looking for a bunch of TQ? Just want it to be different?

OP
OP
NewEdgeGodzilla

NewEdgeGodzilla

Reaction score
From my understanding and as much as I can find scouring YouTube/the entire internet, team z makes a k member and motor mounts that fit the 7.3 just low enough that the stock intake just barely hits the stock GT hood. Danbury competition engines makes an intake that will fit under the stock hood. Indy power products makes a front accessory drive kit but not 100% on the fit in our cars without calling/emailing.

As stupid as it may or may not sound, the trans and rear end in the car are “built” (how well I’m not sure yet as it only has the stock 2 valve with long tubes and accufab intake/plenum in front of it) so I’d like to keep them in hopes of some sort of cost savings. PATS is not a make or break but A/C is a must

The car will be street driven with one or two annual local car shows/events at the drag strip. I want a nice car that is not the typical small block or coyote swap (I’ve never been one for OHC anyways) but not looking for a full blown show car. I’m not looking/trying for numbers out of the car or any serious strip use in any near future. From what I’ve seen stock crate with OBR tune and the head work/ cam build that Willis performance has done the power level will be just what I want until I’m ready to drop BIG money

With that being said I know there is not a lot of aftermarket support so it’s not going to be cheap or easy or that I will get exactly what I want without putting myself in debt lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The aftermarket support is gaining traction tho. Fords finally reverting back to pushrod after 20years.

The stock intake is reversible if the front mount throttle body doesnt clear the hood. You can always run the air intake thru the firewall...lol. Also Ford is getting close to announcing the baby godzilla and unveiling a revised 7.3l intake manifold. My understanding, both godzilla engines will physically be the same size externally but different cubic inches.

OP
OP
NewEdgeGodzilla

NewEdgeGodzilla

Reaction score
So plans have changed and I am looking into the 6R80 trans swap as well. I put some miles on the car and the 4R isn’t gonna cut it for me. I’ve been in touch with Brian at Willis Performance and Ole at OBR. Apparently OBR won’t have their Godzilla/6R80 controller ready for quite some time because Ole recommend looking into US Shift and HGM Electronics for trans control. BTR just came out with an intake manifold that will fit under the hood as well that seems like it’s gonna be a lot cheaper than anything else available right now. lwarrior I’m also from South MS

Bryan98Cobra

Reaction score
So plans have changed and I am looking into the 6R80 trans swap as well. I put some miles on the car and the 4R isn’t gonna cut it for me. I’ve been in touch with Brian at Willis Performance and Ole at OBR. Apparently OBR won’t have their Godzilla/6R80 controller ready for quite some time because Ole recommend looking into US Shift and HGM Electronics for trans control. BTR just came out with an intake manifold that will fit under the hood as well that seems like it’s gonna be a lot cheaper than anything else available right now. lwarrior I’m also from South MS
What headers are you looking at for your swap?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Watching this one!

Hold off for a little bit and the new ford godzilla intake will be available. I suppose this new intake will be for the new 2023 trucks and the original style will be for the 6.8l coming available. The newer intake throttle body opening is a full 1/4" bigger than the original and the runners are straight. Much like an LS intake manifold.

I have comparison pictures but i got in trouble by Ford for showing it off.

OP
OP
NewEdgeGodzilla

NewEdgeGodzilla

Reaction score
Watching this one!

Hold off for a little bit and the new ford godzilla intake will be available. I suppose this new intake will be for the new 2023 trucks and the original style will be for the 6.8l coming available. The newer intake throttle body opening is a full 1/4" bigger than the original and the runners are straight. Much like an LS intake manifold.

I have comparison pictures but i got in trouble by Ford for showing it off.
Dm?

Bryan98Cobra

Reaction score
I sent an inquiry into Ultimate Headers because they recently built some Foxbody Godzilla headers. They believe the same design would work for my 1998 with the Team Z K-Member.

OP
OP
NewEdgeGodzilla

NewEdgeGodzilla

Reaction score
I sent an inquiry into Ultimate Headers because they recently built some Foxbody Godzilla headers. They believe the same design would work for my 1998 with the Team Z K-Member.
Let us know what they say. I’m new to these cars but wouldn’t that mean it would fit my 03 as well?

Bryan98Cobra

Reaction score
Let us know what they say. I’m new to these cars but wouldn’t that mean it would fit my 03 as well?
I think it may. I am going to ask what year ranges they think it will work on. I do want to caution he said “should” do I think it need to confirm it will lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online