Need some measurements off a Cobra spoiler

PinkieT

Reaction score
Just bpught a 98 GT with a doubled stack spoiler on back, looks like the Saleen. The PO installed it by drilling new holes. I want to go back to a stock spoiler but the base of a GT spoiler will not cover the front holes the PO drilled on the deck lid. I really don't want to have to buy a new deck lid and have it painted. From the pictures I've seen, the Cobra spoiler base extends further towards the front of the car than the GT spoiler. Can anybody tell me how far forward the base of a Cobra spoiler extends towards the back window beyond the front bolt hole? Thanks!!!!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not many to choose from but the shinoda chin comes to mind. I am running in on my GT but it is slightly different bottom shape for the cobra.

IMG_0017.jpg

Its available through shinoda but it is not cheep but it is also a very nice fitting piece. I smoothed mine into my bumper.

95opal

Reaction score
not many to choose from but the shinoda chin comes to mind. I am running in on my GT but it is slightly different bottom shape for the cobra.

IMG_0017.jpg

Its available through shinoda but it is not cheep but it is also a very nice fitting piece. I smoothed mine into my bumper.

Cobra crab claw spoiler not splitter son.

OP sorry cant help but hopefully a cobra owner will chime in for you.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh hell I have NOT been getting enough sleep lately... To much crap going on just ignore me please :)

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
OK, did some measurements. Front bolt hole on the spoiler is about 2" towards the back window from factory. BTW found a plate and stampings under the bottom of the spoiler - it is a JKL SSR-6U best I can tell, but the JKL website doesn't show anything like it.

DSC02586_zps9mhmtjpv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Driver's side, pic is sideways. Non-stock small hole on right is the front bolt, 2'' forward of the stock bolt hole seen in the factory hole to its left.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Honestly, your best bet is to keep an eye out for another yellow trunk lid that's not f'd up or have that one fixed.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Honestly, your best bet is to keep an eye out for another yellow trunk lid that's not f'd up or have that one fixed.

I was thinking if a Cobra spoiler would cover the holes that would be easiest, but I already have some body shops in mind where I can get the holes welded up and the paint touched up. The local pull-a-part sells spoilers for under $30 and has a few I can grab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online