need some quick help!!

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
swaping my cobra bumper on today to see how it fits before she goes to paint...and i was just wondering how to take the two retainers off that hold the bumper on from the top (they are right by the headlights)....im going to try and post pics if i can get the camera working. but its odd i cant figure out how they are conected :dunno:

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
problem solved...i drilled em out lol. but anyhow... NEW problem...got all the screws and clips that hold the cover in place the cover does not want to come off...feels tight around headlights...there arent any screws that hold it under the headlights are there?

ryclef331

Reaction score
Yeah, the bumper clips on under each head light. A flat head works good to pop it up and off.

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
figured that one out when i looked at the bumper im putting on :hammer:

ryclef331

Reaction score
Don't feel bad. The first one I did on my car, I didn't know either. I was tugging and when it let go it popped so loud, I thought I destroyed my new headlights....

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
it took so little effort once i stuck a flat head screw driver in there....it literally popped out..lol

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
k i took off the bumper cover and the headlight panel and found a nice little surprise...i knew when i bought my car that it had an accident on the front but didnt really know how bad it was. now after three years of owning it i pull the bumper cover and the bumper is squished and bent back on the right hand side....so now im wondering how to take the foam piece off...there are two rivets..that hold it on im debating on whether to drill them out....

94 DropTop

Reaction score
I dont think it will matter i didnt have the foam on my rear bumper on my 6. Now if you get in a wreak it will probibly hurt more and do more damage.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:
k i took off the bumper cover and the headlight panel and found a nice little surprise...i knew when i bought my car that it had an accident on the front but didnt really know how bad it was. now after three years of owning it i pull the bumper cover and the bumper is squished and bent back on the right hand side....so now im wondering how to take the foam piece off...there are two rivets..that hold it on im debating on whether to drill them out....

Drill'em out. To reattach it (if you want to) judt duct tape it back on (seriously....wrap the foam around the bumper support) or big ass zipties. Its styrofoam...its light and it will never be seen again unless you take it off later.

OP
OP
T

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
yea i just used some constuction adhesive....its on there for good..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online

Members online