need some wise advice....

freefallin98

Reaction score
So for being 19, I consider myself to have a pretty nice car. Actually, I love my car most of the time, but it just seems like I am always wanted change. I seem to really want my paint and interior to be in perfect shape. I am always bitching to my brother who owns a 99 GT about little almost not even noticeable blemishes on the paint or things of that matter. I feel myself wanting to sell my car because she does have almost 96K on her, but the car is very well taken care of. I know I cant have a "perfect car", but thats what I feel myself wanting. SO heres the big question: sell my car and look for another car (got a few things in mind)? Or just keep my car and this summer when I am able to get a job, poor money into it and make it the "perfect car", or I guess to my standards. I am sooo damn meticulous that it really is...well, ridiculous. My plans would to be do P.I. swap or if not that a Super Charger, new rear bumper, side exhaust kit and probably some stabalizer stuff. So if I keep her, were talking about 4 to 5 grand I would be dumping into my car here. I should prob. just be saving for living and stuff like that for next year at my next college. I am just stuck here guys, sorry for the post being so long. I just need some advice. I just hate having a lot of miles on my car it seems like. There are a few things here and their that I dont really like about her or want to change, I just dont know if this is the correct play. So all you veterans of car buying/selling, please feel free to state you oppinions, for it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i would save your money up until you get out of school, then you can turnit into a project car and buy something else as a DD. O0

96sohc

Reaction score
I'm a broke college kid.
Keep your car, get a job, and wait until you're out with a long-term job/career until you start dropping money like that on a car.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't really mod any of my cars until i was finished school and bought some real estate and established myself financially. I would allow myself to purchase 1 item per 1/4 of the year (spring/summer/fall/winter) and thats how i kept the modding bug happy while i payed off my motgage and car payments etc.
Modding your car is great if you plan on keeping that car for a really long time like me but if not almost every dollar you invest in your car is lost.

OP
OP
F

freefallin98

Reaction score
thanks for all the advice guys. I still am going back and fourth. What do you guys think about mileage though? Sell it before it hit 100K, or keep it. If I do a head swap, a brand new one, wouldnt it give my engine a longer life due to the new parts? I guess I am just worried about a lot of miles :help2:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my neighbor is at almost 300k on his 97GT and did the PI swap after 100k and it runs perfect. Mine is at 91k and has been flawless for 11 years now. If your ride is paid off then keep it.

97blackgt

Reaction score
i agree with everyone else and i too am a broke college kid. Keep it and save some money until u get a good job and your lout of school

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Your car is beautiful. Keep it. Especially if its paid off.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
My situation was as my 1996 Ford Mustang GT got higher in mileage
things were breaking or failing left and right.My mustang was a money pit
that dollared me to death over the six years I owned it.Why invest money
in a car that you will never see that money ever again? One day I just got sick
of my car because I had to keep replacing things and I went to my local Subaru
Dealership to order a brand new 07 Subaru STI.I never had one problem with my
STI so far and it has been very dependable.I still like mustangs but,I bought a
Subaru for numerous reason.Subaru is one of the top ten automakers to hold their
value over the years,get good MPG,are extremely reliable and dependable,since I
am a Subaru tech I can work on the car myself,the best warranty in the business,
comes fast from the factory.
If you are really serious about selling your mustang I recommend buying a Subaru
STI or WRX you will love it.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
Subaru for numerous reason.Subaru is one of the top ten automakers to hold their
am a Subaru tech I can work on the car myself,the best warranty in the business,
If you are really serious about selling your mustang I recommend buying a Subaru

Sounds like you're workin for subaru :hammer:

Pennywise2

Reaction score
SgtMike said:
Pennywise2 said:

Sounds like you're workin for subaru :hammer:
I am a Master Subaru Technician for a private shop.
We only work on Subaru's.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
save your money until you have enough for the necessities. Im in college and right now i have over a grand in my checking and savings, and as soon as it goes over that amount i can buy what i want (my philosophy)

Nater

Reaction score
I am with these guys...I would keep it...save your money, then mod the crap outta it. Trust me...I have 110Ks on mine and still kickin it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:

I wouldn't mind an STI to replace my SC430 as my Daily Driver.

OP
OP
F

freefallin98

Reaction score
yeah I dont know. For some odd reason, I just seem to be freaking out about keeping my car for 50k more miles. I guess if i keep modding it, it will only get stronger and nicer! I would love to get a WRX or MK III Supra, but unfortunately the WRX is outa the quesiton due to $, and its just if I want to sell my car to get a third gen supra. You can se trmemdous amouns of hp out of those cars with very minimal bolt ons. A thousand dollars in performance mods will get you around 350rwhp and a low but prob. high 12 sec car. I just dont know guys....keep the talk and comments coming. Lol I like talking about this type of thing.

GDawg

Reaction score
Sell the car...

Take the bus...

Spend the money on beer.

You're young... do the stupid thing...

Or...

You have a nice car. Be happy. Save money. Earn money later and spend money later. Be happy to have a nice car.

O0

Pennywise2

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Pennywise2 said:

I wouldn't mind an STI to replace my SC430 as my Daily Driver.
I would do it because the Subaru STI's make great daily drivers
and are just as dependable and reliable as any Lexus.What year is your
Lexus SC430 Droptop? The SC430 is very nice but,I drove one and thought
it was boring to drive on a everyday basis. STI FTW!!

Pennywise2

Reaction score
freefallin98 said:
yeah I dont know. For some odd reason, I just seem to be freaking out about keeping my car for 50k more miles. I guess if i keep modding it, it will only get stronger and nicer! I would love to get a WRX or MK III Supra, but unfortunately the WRX is outa the quesiton due to $, and its just if I want to sell my car to get a third gen supra. You can se trmemdous amouns of hp out of those cars with very minimal bolt ons. A thousand dollars in performance mods will get you around 350rwhp and a low but prob. high 12 sec car. I just dont know guys....keep the talk and comments coming. Lol I like talking about this type of thing.
I would much rather have a Subaru WRX over a Toyota Supra but,to each their own.
If you did sell your car and saved some money you could get a WRX I don't see why not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.