Need suggestions asap... please...

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
How about some Bullitt pedals and crystal-clear foglights?

Both cheap and easy to install.

94Vert

Reaction score
anyone say new springs yet. you can get some for around $200

GDawg

Reaction score
94Vert said:

That was my first thought.

Go for some lowering springs but not too low.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
springs or gears or both

gears get expensive when you get a trac loc rebuilt the install kit the fluid and modifier and a girdle cover 8)

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
JonBeast said:
How about some Bullitt pedals and crystal-clear foglights?

Both cheap and easy to install.

Well, I've already got Bullitt pedals, and I was going to tint the fogs black when I do the taillights (I've got it almost looking like a V6, except the exhaust and rear bumper, and that'll be the final step in making it look like a V6. ;D )

94Vert said:

I thought about that, too, but I'm undecided on which springs I want, I'm more interested in springs for the track than lowering, and since I can't do the install myself (see the "not allowed to use the jack" post above, lol), that's another part that would be sitting in the garage waiting for install...

tRaV_19 said:
GREG@SN95 said:
springs or gears or both

gears get expensive when you get a trac loc rebuilt the install kit the fluid and modifier and a girdle cover 8)

I've already got 4.10's (tho I wish I would have gone with 4.30's!)

The more I think about it, I am thinking maybe I should just get the control arms installed. It's been killing me having them sitting around, and I don't have enough traction as it is, so I may just go ahead and get them on and just worry about the panhard bar when I can afford it...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your #1 and 2 are both good choices,

The FR500 is sweet and i wish i added it the first time i seen one for sale years ago...install isn't bad but you need a Ford Steering wheel puller.

The shift boot and knob are also nice upgrades...

Maybe you should wait to get your LCA's installed so you can decide what other suspension mods you want done and have them done together to save installation costs.

I think you are more of a Steeda Drag Spring / Strange adjustable shocks/struts girl then a lowering Spring girl O0

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
:) Thanks, Bob. I'm still not sure, lol. But I'll probably just go with the shift knob/boot option (tho I do want those control arms on!)

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
wait how is your rear bumper different then a v6 i thought ford got cheap and used the same bumpers on gts as they did v6's :lame:

S

scarface

tRaV_19 said:
wait how is your rear bumper different then a v6 i thought ford got cheap and used the same bumpers on gts as they did v6's :lame:
6er's dont have cutouts for dual exhaust

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
thats the one part i cant stang about the 94-04 stangs the rear bumpers look horrid :puke: and you have no other alternitives unless you throw a cobra rear bumper on there and then you look like a fool with the large cobra on the rear of your car ....i think its only 03-04 cobra bumpers that are different

S

scarface

tRaV_19 said:
thats the one part i cant stang about the 94-04 stangs the rear bumpers look horrid :puke: and you have no other alternitives unless you throw a cobra rear bumper on there and then you look like a fool with the large cobra on the rear of your car ....i think its only 03-04 cobra bumpers that are different
I dont think I would look like a fool?

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:

Alot of GT owners get the letters filled in when they get a Cobra bumper. This is probably what I will do eventually, once I change the hood and possibly the front bumper.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah if you get the letters filled that would be the way to go...maybe find a cheap company that makes them with out the words already and save a step ;D i know the fox bodies had knock off bumpers with no words

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:

Maybe you should wait to get your LCA's installed so you can decide what other suspension mods you want done and have them done together to save installation costs.

That's what I was thinking. :)

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
DropTopPony said:

That's what I was thinking. :)

That's what I've pretty much decided to do.
:)

94Vert

Reaction score
i really think you would like the springs. not only does it make the car look 100% better, it also improves the handiling quite a bit, takes the body roll out, improves cornering. isn't it something your husband could help you with.

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
He's not quite as enthusiastic about my car as I am, lol. I do most of the installs on it myself, but he won't let me do anything that involves the jack, cause he says I will get hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online