need suggestions: convertible seat options

xBlitzkriegx

Reaction score
hey guys, really need some help here. stock seats are toast, looking for a set of seats up front for under a grand if possible and since i have a bland all tan interior, something close to saddle as possible.

ive decided that i dont want to waste my time reupholstering the stock seats since it'll cost about the same after i buy covers/foam/tools and i have to waste my time doing it too, wtf is the point?

for aftermarket, what ive found is:

1. corbeau sport seat in tan but the color slightly off. no word on fitment.

2. TMI's perfectly match saddle pro-chicane seat which the claim wont fit because of the seat tensioner behind the seat. 99+ verts dont have this problem due to the redesign of the seat belt. ive considered swapping over to 99+ belts but the belt color would be charcoal vs black and i really dont know how obvious this would be, plus its extra cost. i really want to use these seats though.

are there any other seats that might fit that arent a complete waste of my time? im looking to make a decision very soon as my driver seat is legit hurting me to sit in for over 15 minutes.

any input or suggestions are welcomed, thanks.

dwcopple

Reaction score
Dang! Those ^^^ look sweet for $409/pr. Any pics of how you made your rails work?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
X

xBlitzkriegx

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion, im going to keep those in mind if i have to return the TMI seats. i posted this over at svtperformance as well, heres the update i posted there:

so, ive decided im gonna chance it and try the TMI seats. after comparing stock seats to the very few pics of these seats installed, ive come to the conclusion that the warning about not using them in verts is more about TMI covering their butts from bad reviews due to the seat sliding too far back.

the tmi seats will fit in a coupe so theyll bolt in the vert just fine. i really looked hard and eyeballed stock seat vs tmi seat differences best i could from pics online. worst case scenario, theyll only go as far back as stockers do and thats good enough for me. they dont sit lower than stock and that doesnt matter if they did since its rear clearance thats the issue. the TMI seat back is basically identical in appearance to the stock seat.

ill update this thread when i get the seats in, whether they fit or not. if they dont fit, ill take pics of why they dont. wish me luck.[\quote]

Five

Reaction score
I didn’t take pics, but it was as simple as adding some flat steel to widen the mounting points. I kept my power driver and manual passenger

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I didn’t take pics, but it was as simple as adding some flat steel to widen the mounting points. I kept my power driver and manual passenger
You'll have to show us some pictures of them installed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Five

Reaction score
There are some in my, severely lacking progress, build thread.

BJ98Cobra

Reaction score
CJ Pony Parts have some saddle tan seats that will work and are the same color.

OP
OP
X

xBlitzkriegx

Reaction score
So, anyone interested in getting TMI Pro Chicane seats from CJP, they have a TEN WEEK lead time because they're hand made to order.

Looks like the next time I reply to this thread is going to be sometime in January.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010