need tips for removing emblems

d_punch

Reaction score
i want to know how to remove my emblems without breaking them and without scratching the paint. i'm looking to buy a porta cable polisher and i want to remove all the emblems before going over the car. and i also have to buy a new svt one since someone try to steal it and broke the bottom of the S off. :rant: bastards

thanks
joe

ALITL8

Reaction score
i wouldnt remove more emblems than you have to. i would use a plastic razor blade and some 3M adhesive remover. as far as not scratching the paint... just be careful and anything you might do will buff out ;)

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I used fishing line. Wrap it around each hand then "saw" it off. You may want to use gloves to keep the line from digging in your hands. Heat will help too but i didnt have to use any. I only had shitty old line so i just used a leader instead to get one off because the crappy line kept breaking.

ALITL8

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
I used fishing line. Wrap it around each hand then "saw" it off. You may want to use gloves to keep the line from digging in your hands. Heat will help too but i didnt have to use any. I only had shitty old line so i just used a leader instead to get one off because the crappy line kept breaking.

excellent tip, MeanGrn!! i dont know what i was thinking with the plastic razor blade :dunno: old folks like to do shit the hard way, my 23 yr old son tells me that every day ::)

i'll be using fishing line from now on :thumb:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya it works good. might need some goo gone, 3m adhesive remover or something similar to take off the crap that is left from the emlem depending on how it was put on of course. Mine came off pretty easily i was suprised. I got a little carried away and cut into the svt emblem but it doesnt matter as it is not a cobra so no need for it

NORTON98

Reaction score
I have a question for ya guys...Are the gt badges on the side held on with just tape. So there wont be any holes right?s

G

GREG@SN95

fishing line

and you can heat the emblem (just warm it a tad) with a hair dryer

SonicStang

Reaction score
Exactly a fishing line works best. I used some alcohol and polish to clean it up afterwards.
In the fenders there are holes.

SORRY UPGRADING FORUMS, ATTACHMENT WAS ERASED, YOU NEED TO REUPLOAD!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
there will be a hole i believe (not sure on what year you have) but most likely it will have a hole there.

NORTON98

Reaction score
Will the stock 99-04 badges cover up the holes if I swapped the badges?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
if you hold a hair dryer on there for like 5 minutes depending on the strength of your hair dryer, you wont even have to use fishing like you'll just be able to pull it off.

kameleongt

Reaction score
I used a heat gun and they come off in a matter of 2 min and leave no adhesive marks just a lil dirt build up.

Scott 96Cobra(rip)

Reaction score
The hole is there so the Ford worker knows where to put the badge ..... 60LB fishing line works pretty good on badges.

95-stang

Reaction score
Dont be tempted to use one of those DIY paint stripping heat guns, or you will be bringing the paint off too. ;)

Downshift

Reaction score
Scott 96Cobra(rip) said:
The hole is there so the Ford worker knows where to put the badge ..... 60LB fishing line works pretty good on badges.

I was using 8 or 10lb cant remember but ya.... it sucked pretty bad. Shit broke on me every 10 seconds lol. Fishing line will do the trick PERFECTLY though. Thats how I got all mine off.

Scott 96Cobra(rip)

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Scott 96Cobra(rip) said:

I was using 8 or 10lb cant remember but ya.... it sucked pretty bad. Shit broke on me every 10 seconds lol. Fishing line will do the trick PERFECTLY though. Thats how I got all mine off.

Yeah - that's what I use to pull Stainless Bumper Letters off of bumpers. The line still breaks a lot and you need to use gloves but it is SAFE which is what is important. Goo Gone helps with the left over tape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online