Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Mods missing from bolt on list is...

Headers
PI intake
Tune

Is it worth it to get LT's for auto car? I was thinking of JBA shorties

Long tubes are always worth it. Especially after the pi head swap, when the compression goes up the engine really benefits from the headers.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Are you ever planning on going boost or staying n/a? That will have a lot to do with what mods you would want to do in the interim.

Do you just want to mod the car to be able to pull a Subaru Forrester, or do you want to do some work that will hang/pull new V8 cars?

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Oh you guys got jokes haha! Yep, Mike the bar been is going to set high for street engine. I'm going to pull max power out of it while being efficient. It will have 44cc heads, custom grinds, a blower with supporting mods. I already have aero 340lph turbine pump in the tank right now, and the Saleen hood can accept a PD supercharger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Oh you guys got jokes haha! Yep, Mike the bar been is going to set high for street engine. I'm going to pull max power out of it while being efficient. It will have 44cc heads, custom grinds, a blower with supporting mods. I already have aero 340lph turbine pump in the tank right now, and the Saleen hood can accept a PD supercharger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff man. That's capable of nasty street car if you have enough fuel and spark for it

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Why are you wanting to go to the 44cc heads? You should go with the 38's. Get that compression up a little bit.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Why are you wanting to go to the 44cc heads? You should go with the 38's. Get that compression up a little bit.

I dont know if I want to go over 9:1, in my mind im playing with boost numbers...I want to stay conservative between 4-6 PSI....

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I dont know if I want to go over 9:1, in my mind im playing with boost numbers...I want to stay conservative between 4-6 PSI....

If you are staying low boost, put the compression up some. Do you have 93 octane available?

Mach 1's are 10:1 and people boost those all the time.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
If you are staying low boost, put the compression up some. Do you have 93 octane available?

Mach 1's are 10:1 and people boost those all the time.

Interesting! That's a good point.

That's like no boost unless you are turbo.

8-10 is low boost to me on a PD blower.

I am thinking about it totality.....the heads and cams will shine, the boost will be the icing the cake plus I dont want to strain the stock oem shortblock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online