need ur guys opinion

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
would VT Stage 1 cams be suitable for a s/c'd car, or do i need to find something different?

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
i cant remember their website, but iirc they do have blower cams, i just cant remember what it is

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
I'll take the GT!

PLUS its AWESOME seeing the looks on peoples faces w/ cobra's when your "lil ole GT" walks the dog on them

well when you run across another 96-98 supercharged GT with less than 100K miles for $4K, let me know, ill come up there with cash and buy it.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
if your wanting to make that much power, you HAVE to do it right.

this means, RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. see what works and what doesn't, and doing it right. IE not putting in the wrong parts b/c you got a good deal on them.

as far as cams go, i'd do tim's @modularpowerhouse.com blower cams.

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
i've been researching alot lately for the past couple days, since im still fairly new to the 4.6's..always been into the 5.0 scene

Thomas_W

Reaction score
good to hear.. there is a TON of differences between the 2 motors. and research the car as a whole, there's some pretty significant differences as far as tuning and all go also

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
can you just drop in a cobra motor to a gt? what else is involved with it? will it drop in to an auto gt?

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
yes u can, u'll also need the cobra harness/puter, and maybe few other misc. items

Thomas_W

Reaction score
the cobra motor will drop right in, you'll have to change some things, such as radiator hoses, thermostat housings, stuff like that.. that are cobra specific.

Also you'll need the cobra computer and harness from the same year car as yours... OR you can have a dynotune done using the same computer and harness from the GT motor. BUT you WILL have to do some modifications to your GT harness for the connectors to fit correctly.

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
for doing the computer, could u also use the FAST Full Sequential system?

also, thomas, regarding to the 99-04 gt complete engine, would i also have to change the 99-04 GT computer and harness or will it work w/ the 96-98 stuff?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no need to swap ecu/harness for 99-04 pi swap, just use your coil packs and fuel rail etc and its a direct swap.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
no need to swap ecu/harness for 99-04 pi swap, just use your coil packs and fuel rail etc and its a direct swap.

+1

you could use the Fast system but its pricey for a street car.

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
so if i find a complete and running PI engine i could just use the 96-98 wiring harness, computer and accessories and have it work fine?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
yep.. all you gotta do is remove the Coil over plug (COP) ignition and use the 96-98 Coil pack and plug wire ignition setup

spitfirees20

Reaction score
I don't get it, if he has a goal of 700+ hp, why would he buy a complete pi engine anyways? He's going to have to tear it apart and rebuild it with forged internals anyways, why not just piece it together?

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
when the time comes..ill do it, but as for right now, i dont even have a stang, which blows, but yea i need to save money aside and ill go from there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online