Need Vert weather stripping..Help

BJ98Cobra

Reaction score
Looking for 98 Cobra convertible top weather stripping. I need all 6 pieces. I have tried lmr, cjponyparts, and several others that you can do a google search with. Anybody have any ideals or leads as to where I can find hard to find weather stripping. Any info will be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help.:wave:

TrickVert

Reaction score
Used is your only option, I'm afraid. Only the sections above the doors are available new, if I recall correctly. (There was a thread recently on Corral on this same subject.)

Keep in mind that anything from '94 to '04 *might* be a viable donor, as the tops are interchangeable.

Andy

TrickVert

Reaction score
The key word being "should." Although the tops can interchange, it's possible Ford made some changes to the frame and/or how the weatherstripping mounts. Some homework would need to be done before knowing for sure.

(I should have qualified my earlier comment by saying "might be" .)

Andy

OP
OP
B

BJ98Cobra

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, Trick Vert, I have read on some forum that the01 and up seals are different somehow and won't work. I have found some used ones on EBAY but they were in bad shape. Hopefully someone will buy the rights to the weather stripping soon, I guess our cars aren't old enough yet, because for 74-93 you can get all stripping. May just have to wait a couple of more years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online