Need your guys help

GT Rob

Reaction score
I have a 95 5.0 just found out that I could have a stuck valve I have $1200 to $1500 to have it fixed. My car already has pullies full exhaust lowered 373 gears engine is still stock everything still works on the car a/c blows cold cruise control still work doing interior swap charcoal gray and when it's running right again going to get it painted but for now let's just stick with the motor what do you guys think I should do not looking for a a lot of power it's my daliy

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
how many miles are on the block?
I've got 225,000 miles on my original motor. And still runs strong.
On the cheap, do a head job and put it back together. for a bit more money grab some GT40 heads and some 1.7 rockers.

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
Block has about 165000 miles. Yea been looking for some gt40 heads and I already have 1.6 roller rockers

Addermk2

Reaction score
Find a low(er) mileage explorer 5.0, change the cam and lifters, and drop it into your car.

done.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Find a low(er) mileage explorer 5.0 shortblock, change the cam and lifters, and drop it into your car.

done.

Pretty much this. Except you want the long block (with heads), not short block (without heads). You can pick up an Explorer engine for cheap, find one with the GT40P heads and it has a better intake manifold.

I say get the Explorer engine, put your HO cam in it, and some 1.7 rockers if you can find them cheap, and be done with it.

You might need new headers for the GT40P heads.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Granted, that only really benefits you if you can find a cheap Explorer engine with lower miles than your current motor.

For cheap and easy, you should be able to find some GT40 heads, and put in new springs and 1.7 rockers. That would really set you straight and still keep you within your budget.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Pretty much this. Except you want the long block (with heads), not short block (without heads). You can pick up an Explorer engine for cheap, find one with the GT40P heads and it has a better intake manifold.

I say get the Explorer engine, put your HO cam in it, and some 1.7 rockers if you can find them cheap, and be done with it.

You might need new headers for the GT40P heads.

Not really too sure why I stated shortblock... kinda just came out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online