Needs alignment help

97_281gt

Reaction score
Ive been searching and cant find anything i have cc.plates and the camber is maxed out and i still have camber and its wearing the crap out of the inside of my tires. Ive heard you could drill the shock tower and move it out anyone have any info on that or any other way to get my tires straighter so im not putting tires on my car ever month or so driving 60 miles a day for work

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
What CC plates do you have? Any chance there are on the wrong side? What springs are you running that it can't be aligned with CC plates.
I have sportlines (1.5" drop) and steeda CC plates and there was no problem with the alignment.

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
I have upr cc plates and coilovers and.ive checked there on the right way

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmm that's weird I'm running all there stuff on the yellow car with no issues

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
The crappy part is i don't even have it as low as i want it

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
I'll have to take a pic of the wheel when i get off work. I need to do a whole alignment still id just like to get the wheels pretty sraight if i can if not i may need to go to bigs a littles tires are cheap in the front haha

TanTop94

Reaction score
I have h&r springs and upr cc plates, they dont get mine in alignment either and it eats up my tires as well. Im gonna buy some MM cc plates cause they can adjust more.

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
Has any one else heard of where you take the strut drill new holes and have the whole strur and cc plate closer to the fender?

TanTop94

Reaction score
Has any one else heard of where you take the strut drill new holes and have the whole strur and cc plate closer to the fender?

Yes, I thought about doing that but if I can get my alignment just by getting new MM plates Ill go with that instead of drilling out my strut towers. Probably cost less also, but if you are going slammed with coilovers you might need too Im not sure though.

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
But do the wheels camber in more with coilovers since the spring is on the strut?

TanTop94

Reaction score
But do the wheels camber in more with coilovers since the spring is on the strut?

I dont think so, I believe it depends more on how low you go with coilovers. Though hopefully someone with COs chimes in.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are they 3 or 4 bolt camber plates? For coilovers it's always recommended to get 4 bolt to support the load they will put on the shock tower. Also, you can try putting in some alignment bolts from eibach (http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-proalign-bolts-9404.html). I've never heard of drilling new holes in the shock tower to move the actual plate... seems like it would throw everything off. And fwiw, I am way lower than you and my camber is currently set at around -2.25 degrees.. hoping for more If I decide to get some drift arms. The tires wear just fine.

OP
OP
97_281gt

97_281gt

Reaction score
There 4 bolt will my Sig is springs Before control arms and co that's why I'm thinking i just need to align and see how bad it is now

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I guess I need to check out what my car has. Its lowered.. basically on the ground but no issues driving or camber problems and im pretty sure all it has is springs.

Anyhow, ricer cars independent rears have camber but are in alignment, their tires dont wear.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've heard of redrilling the strut for alignment but if you have CC plates, Stock plate only.

RichV

Reaction score
I wouldn't re-drill anything. You can't go back from that. If anything, drill the shock, not the chassis.

Not familiar with the UPR, but the MM has a race and street configuration. Basically the upper pieces (on MM, yours are on the bottom) can be on either side and dictates the race or street. In race, you can't go neutral on camber. You can only go to like -1.5.

What brand of CO do you run?

familytruckster

Reaction score
Camber usually doesn't kill tires. Toe does. What are the readings after the alignment? I'd also shove the struts all the way back for some more caster.

I've run -2.5* camber and 6.5* caster on my autox car, and I put a lot of street miles on it. Never had any wear issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online