Never been so happy to get out the mustang!

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Well i got my first real DD since 2005. Been DD-ing stick shift v8 mustangs since my 1st car.

My 97 was pretty much stock and was semi okay.

My 95 GT is not stock suspension wise and just sucks.

Picked up a old POS Accord to DD to work and A to B trips. So far its worlds better than DD-ing my mustang. Hitting bumps dont feel like the end of world. The sound of hitting bumps and bottoming out is gone. I can glide over exposed sewer caps on construction streets. I can drive right over road kill without touching it. Man i can't believe i didn't get a real DD a long time ago.

All this means is i can start modding the 5.0 engine since i have another car now and the mustang can be down and it wont effect me. Plus im taking all the stress off DD-ing the mustang because its wearing out parts everyday. I'll probably just make the mustang my weekend car or when i feel like driving it on good days.

Only thing i hate about this accord is the captive rotors.. WTF! Who puts the HUB outside the rotor and trap it in place for simple brake pad/rotor changes??

9u9qi9.jpg

Thing has dents, paint oxidized. I never been so happy to have a crappy car. I dont have to protect it from grocery carts... i dont have to protect it from hail storms while its parked @ work. I dont have to wash it every weeks like the stang. The list goes on.

The mustang will become what i always wanted it to become. A better, faster car =]

20rafd3.jpg
[/IMG]

Barner1

Reaction score
A DD you don't have to worry much about is definitely a great feeling!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That's sweet, nothing beats a disposable car. One of my favorites was my old civic, it doubled as a fwd four wheeler as well

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I daily drove my car for about a year and a half before switching to my little minivan. Ever since I have been so much happier. My mustang sits in the garage weeks at a time without seeing the sun and I couldn't ask for more. Driving over speedbumps at a regular speed and being able to make it into gas stations without removing the front bumper is an irreplaceable feeling. With that being said, enjoy your new daily. It's a great feeling having a separate car to beat it.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
My friend used to have one of those as his DD. Got great gas mileage and was fun to beat on. It saw a lot of gravel roads in it's day too.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
A DD is a great thing to have. Just don't start modding the DD, because you'll end up like me, none of my cars are "functional", lol.

Spentastic

Reaction score
I don't like this thread. lol. I just got rid of my honda fit that acted as my daily driver the last 5 years. Now my mustang is my dd and I want to see people saying "I wouldn't want anything else!" Lol. Oh well I do know how nice is to have two cars. Good for you.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
A DD is a great thing to have. Just don't start modding the DD, because you'll end up like me, none of my cars are "functional", lol.
LOL thats true. I been thinking about chaning the wheels.. adding smoked headlights already. Just doing that will defeat my purpose. I wont be able to see @ night like the mustang and the wheels makes the car looks better to dishonest people.

I don't like this thread. lol. I just got rid of my honda fit that acted as my daily driver the last 5 years. Now my mustang is my dd and I want to see people saying "I wouldn't want anything else!" Lol. Oh well I do know how nice is to have two cars. Good for you.
LOL, i can't do it anymore. The mustang sucks to drive everyday because you care so much what happens to it while its parked or commute to work. Plus mine has LIMO tint and it was a pain to drive it for years and pull up next to a cop lol!

DEATHPROOF

Reaction score
you know whats worse is DD a motorcycle looks cool but can ware you out, and im talking about a sports bike of course.....

Promodmerc67

Reaction score
I'm in the opposite boat. I have a daily driver but I'm in the market for an 99-02 GT for my new toy. :). I'm so tied of my DD I can't wait until September when I'll have the $$$.

I had a '97 Cougar XR7 4.6 Sport that was my toy for 6 years. She was too far gone rust & mechanical wise and wasn't worth the money to fix. :sad: I've been with out a toy for a year and with turning 47 in February the mid life crisis is kicking in pretty hard:D

330CubeGt

Reaction score
It is the best of both worlds, not to mention the gas mileage!

The entire time I had my cobra I wanted a DD, so I got one and now the Cobra is gone and im over here driving my DD like I just want a Mustang lol.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I'm kind of mad it took so long to get one. All the wear and tear I put on the stang is crazy. My clutch is about to go out I'm thinKing.... very noisy :( don't think I can ever dd a nice car again

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

Goldmember

Reaction score
Well i got my first real DD since 2005. Been DD-ing stick shift v8 mustangs since my 1st car.

My 97 was pretty much stock and was semi okay.

My 95 GT is not stock suspension wise and just sucks.

Picked up a old POS Accord to DD to work and A to B trips. So far its worlds better than DD-ing my mustang. Hitting bumps dont feel like the end of world. The sound of hitting bumps and bottoming out is gone. I can glide over exposed sewer caps on construction streets. I can drive right over road kill without touching it. Man i can't believe i didn't get a real DD a long time ago.

All this means is i can start modding the 5.0 engine since i have another car now and the mustang can be down and it wont effect me. Plus im taking all the stress off DD-ing the mustang because its wearing out parts everyday. I'll probably just make the mustang my weekend car or when i feel like driving it on good days.

Only thing i hate about this accord is the captive rotors.. WTF! Who puts the HUB outside the rotor and trap it in place for simple brake pad/rotor changes??

9u9qi9.jpg

Thing has dents, paint oxidized. I never been so happy to have a crappy car. I dont have to protect it from grocery carts... i dont have to protect it from hail storms while its parked @ work. I dont have to wash it every weeks like the stang. The list goes on.

The mustang will become what i always wanted it to become. A better, faster car =]

20rafd3.jpg
[/IMG]

Bottom pic, the Aztec Gold 97 on your right looks exactly like mine did when I bought it home. It had fake Cobra R's and shitty tint that I peeled off inside of 3 days. The R's were in rough shape and one had a 1" chunk just missing out of a wheel. Try balancing that lol

Lebeter

Reaction score
see how long it lasts. mustangs were my first daily drivers as well. I turned them into projects and was forced into a beater DD. I would have done things over if I would have known what a money pit they would be and that building my car into what I wanted it to be would mean I would enjoy it less over time. I have come full circle back to a stock car and happy with doing basic maintenance while only fixing the things on the car that needed attention from the factory like the suspension. Put a cheap used blower kit on the car and call it a day. These cars lend themselves to the tinkerer which negates the car as a reliable driver. Do upgrades as they are warranted, but take advice from others as far as what things will make the car less drive-able and useful. Paying insurance, taxes, licensing, and minor upkeep on a beater can negate any mileage savings with a more efficient DD. You would have to be driving over an hour each way to work to start justifying the costs. I had been driving beaters for so long that I had forgotten what it was like to drive a mustang, even a stock one. They still make all the right noises and I get more of a grin than I ever did with my beaters. Life's too short to not drive your mustang.

stang415

Reaction score
From my experience dding my stang, (14k miles in 14 months) i will definetly say, that its not as fun as it used to be to drive, especially in traffic, which is what caused my accident. Although everytime i drive it, i have one of those 'wooo' moments. Something that didnt happen in my beater civic. If i was dding the civic, my accident wouldnt have effected the car, as its already ugly, so theres that.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
About to go near 2 weeks all city driving with no gas issues. Something the stang couldn't do.

sudy4eju.jpg

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online