New 02 GT owner

Reaction score
Hey everybody new member here, ase certified mechanic working on my L1 certification. Ford fanatic. Purchased a 2002 Mustang GT so far have done the following mods, JLT cold air intake, flowmaster delta 44 cat back exhuast,
Bama canned tune 93 octane, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Toyo proxes st2 tires 255 width, full tune up, new monroe shocks and struts and all new brakes ceramic all around. Future mods I am leaning towards a procharger at 8 psi but I am here to research the best way to get into the 12's. It's going to be a drag car. It's a 3rd vehicle so I can do whatever I want to it within reason. Daily driver is 1999 Mercury Grand marquis. Yes I love 2 valves ! Anyway I know a bit about cars thanks to my profession so I will try to be helpful anywhere I can. Before the supercharger I am getting it painted it's original Tan metallic color not sure the official color name. I got this car from auction and the previous owners did a terrible black paint job so I have to fix that next.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Nice ride. Your screen name caught my eye and I thought you were another spam account that got through the filter. :p

Your goal of 12’s won’t be too hard with some weight reduction and sticky tires

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Nice ride. Your screen name caught my eye and I thought you were another spam account that got through the filter. :p

Your goal of 12’s won’t be too hard with some weight reduction and sticky tires
Thanks! With or without the blower ? It's a 5 speed car so no stall converter for me :(

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks! With or without the blower ? It's a 5 speed car so no stall converter for me :(

Without the blower and with some seat time there is no reason you can’t get that car to run 12.99. Although, you’ll probably need long tube headers. You’ll be deep into the 12’s, as is, with the blower.

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
Without the blower and with some seat time there is no reason you can’t get that car to run 12.99. Although, you’ll probably need long tube headers. You’ll be deep into the 12’s, as is,

Without the blower and with some seat time there is no reason you can’t get that car to run 12.99. Although, you’ll probably need long tube headers. You’ll be deep into the 12’s, as is, with the blower.
I probably should have mentioned I'm at 4600 feet elevation so 12.99 sounds really fast for NA!

b1pig

Reaction score
Your screen name caught my eye and I thought you were another spam account that got through the filter. :p
LOL.... I still maintain an old Jeep forum. I have it set to moderate all new registrations. The registrations are human most of the time.

Welcome to the forum. Good lookin car.
Mine is more like a 4th car... and I just want to refresh and enjoy mine.
Good luck on the track.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Welcome! We are glad to have you aboard.

You could coyote swap the car and run all the 12’s you wanted too. Maybe even some 11’s. I’m at sea level so it makes a big difference but my 98 coyote swapped with a pretty stock engine got me mid 11’s

badass98svt

Reaction score
I say throw a Procharger on that bitch and send it. If you just want it to make power at the track, throw a 100 jet of nitrous on it.
12s are attainable NA but man it's not easy, and it won't be a very friendly street car with the correct suspension setup, and all the interior and sound deading torn out. If it's ONLY for a drag car, that's a different story.
Keep in mind the 03/04 Cobras ran a 12.9 out of the box with their 8-10 psi of boost.

joe65

Reaction score
where you at with the 4600 elevation? I'm in Colorado. Good to see another new edge here. ah just saw the Texas plate.

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
I say throw a Procharger on that bitch and send it. If you just want it to make power at the track, throw a 100 jet of nitrous on it.
12s are attainable NA but man it's not easy, and it won't be a very friendly street car with the correct suspension setup, and all the interior and sound deading torn out. If it's ONLY for a drag car, that's a different story.
Keep in mind the 03/04 Cobras ran a 12.9 out of the box with their 8-10 psi of boost.
That's the plan so far I looked at coyote swaps but I don't think it's necessary to get into the 12s. I'm pretty sure a well tuned procharger at 8 or 10 psi will do the job. Plus I love the 2 valve no other fuel injected motor sounds as good as a 2 valve in my opinion.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
That's the plan so far I looked at coyote swaps but I don't think it's necessary to get into the 12s. I'm pretty sure a well tuned procharger at 8 or 10 psi will do the job. Plus I love the 2 valve no other fuel injected motor sounds as good as a 2 valve in my opinion.

They might sound better but you may find it hard to hear over the Coyote car in front of you :cool:

joe65

Reaction score
I'm headed to AZ this week. Making a visit to the Folks down there. Both my Wife and my parents live down in Tucson and Phoenix. Anyways, I'm working on a 2v set up. I have custom cams ready and some ported heads but waiting to finish buying parts and getting some machine work done. But my plan for now is the cams and heads and 11:1 shortblock. then if i get the need for HP i'll probably go procharger. I also have a Mach 1 top end that i'm holding for the next project. I really like the simplicity of the 2v. all the extra valves, cams etc. make it expensive to play with the 4vs.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm headed to AZ this week. Making a visit to the Folks down there. Both my Wife and my parents live down in Tucson and Phoenix. Anyways, I'm working on a 2v set up. I have custom cams ready and some ported heads but waiting to finish buying parts and getting some machine work done. But my plan for now is the cams and heads and 11:1 shortblock. then if i get the need for HP i'll probably go procharger. I also have a Mach 1 top end that i'm holding for the next project. I really like the simplicity of the 2v. all the extra valves, cams etc. make it expensive to play with the 4vs.
How much boost can you run with 11:1? Are you sticking to 93 or going e85?

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
That's awesome be curious to see what it runs in the 1/4 mile with that NA setup. I'm not opposed to NA the trickflow twisted wedge kit is tempting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online