New fuel pump
New distributor
New coil
New iac valve
Tps checks out in range
New ect sensor checks out in range
2 computers both good
Tune from dirtydirty racing qtr horse
Timing set with spout out at 10 degrees.
Grounds are good

I'm lost. It will crank up and run fine if I hold it running with the gas after maybe 5-10 seconds it will cut off. With the spout out and the iac screw turned up it will run. It's almost like someone is hitting a kill switch flipping it on and off real quick. I can keep it running when it does it sometimes but it will just cut off.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
274hr-14, honestly haven't looked at it when it shuts off. I set it at 39psi vacuum unhooked.

I pulled the distributor last night to be sure I didn't break the gear pin. The gear pin is fine and the distributor spins freely. It is brand new. I tried replacing the tfi yesterday but that didn't help.

It's killing me because I want to drive this thing.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Might just need to be tuned.
Sounds like it's running out of fuel.
Bump the pressure up and see if that helps. What injectors?
Might need more timing too

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Accel 24lbs injectors, I will try bumping the pressure up and see what happens. I'm also going to try to see how it does on the stock tune.

He set up a base tune for me. The only thing I changed as far as the info I gave him was the injectors. I originally had ford blue tops and picked up new accel injectors to use instead. Not sure if that would matter.

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Wanted to add real quick I pulled a couple plugs and they are BLACK. Way to much fuel. Not sure why but clearly way over rich. I'm considering putting my blue tops in to see if the injectors are the issue.

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
It's fixed. Runs great. Drove it 30 miles or so. No issues at all. No hiccups or anything. Idles nice and runs great. I pulled out my qtr horse and it ran perfect.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Before: Stk. processor with Quarterhorse EMS
After: Stk. processor w/no Quarterhorse EMS

Is that what you did to fix your issue?

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Yes. I had Willie write a base tune for me. He installed it on the Quarterhorse and it would not run with it installed. He said it should run fine with his tune and that I had something else wrong. I checked everything and decided to try it on the stock tune with no Quarterhorse connected and it ran fine. So something was not correct in his tune imo.

2002BLGT

Reaction score
Did you try uploading a stock tune to the QH to verify that there is not an issue with the QH or the connection to it ? , if you are still having issues email me , sounds like the QH connection was not clean or sanded enough

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Hey guys. My wife just had our second baby so I haven't messed with it much. I did however clean the j3 port very, very well. No wax and copper is slightly showing. What's odd now is I can't get the binary software to read the tune off the Quarterhorse or the stock tune. It just thinks it's not connected. I will find some time soon to mess with it. I'm not sure how much cleaner the j3 port could be than what it is already.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online