New 94 Cobra owner, vacuum line issues

dubsos

Reaction score
Hello, I recently got a 94 cobra in white at auction with 82k miles. I'm having some issues Identifying parts and well issues. 20230319_155746.jpg20230408_195313.jpg
I noticed my ac wasn't functioning through the vents, and went to check the lines. I found them plugged and the small line coming from the fire wall seemed to be cut. As I looked around I saw the other lines were shot. I can't identify what this (the white valve with two lines coming out) is and what it does any help would be appreciated. Thanks to the forums for helping so much already!20230408_195321.jpg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Replace them asap
If you are smelling fuel vapor
That will cause you some problems
Line under passenger side fender to back of intake manifold

OP
OP
D

dubsos

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it. Any suggestions for what to do with the tiny ac line coming from the fire wall? There's about half an inch of line left.

oilspill

Reaction score
If it’s the tiny vacuum line. Either run a new one to behind the dash to the vacuum tree or put a coupler and run to the vacuum tree.

Vacuum tree is on your drivers side close to the firewall.

maillemaker

Reaction score
That thing with the 2 white inlet/outlet is the evaporative canister solenoid. My hoses to and from it were also shot. They must have used a wrong material for that line.

Anyway, the line runs toward the passenger side and will have a junction fitting where it turns into a "good" vacuum hose that terminates under the intake manifold. You should be able to replace the bad run from the solenoid to the splitter.

On the other side, which for me was the most rotted, it runs from the solenoid down through a hole in the fender well to get to the evap canister that is inside the wheel well.

Do get at it, you will need to pull the passenger front tire and remove the wheel well liner. You'll want some Christmas Tree panel fastener removal tools. Some of the hardware are screws.

It's easiest to remove the evaporative canister - there are 2 screws that hold the bracket (and thus the canister) to the car. Remove the screws and the canister can be pulled forward so you can get at the nipple where the hose attaches.

There is a 90 degree elbow that comes out of the canister. Then there is a splice plastic fitting (as above), and the line from the solenoid plugs into that. My elbow was shot also so I replace it. Found the part at the auto parts store.

The fitting on the canister is like 1/4" in diameter - much larger than the vacuum line host. I had to stretch the elbow opening a bit to get it onto the fitting. Put a touch of dish soap on it makes it slippery too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there will be a line it connects to that goes over the top/back of the motor to the vac tree on the drivers side. It normally breaks in the middle. You can get a slightly larger vac line to slide over the two ends, or replace as much of the lines as you think you need to. Just take a piece to the part shop and they have a few different sizes to choose from
Thanks, I appreciate it. Any suggestions for what to do with the tiny ac line coming from the fire wall? There's about half an inch of line left.

John94

Reaction score
Is there vacuum differences in the 94 Cobras and GT's?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
You would have mostly vac leak if cracked hose
It would not open the silonid to let the gasses escape to back of intake
Causing a possible fire from vapor

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99