New 94 GT Vert owner in North Carolina

jun10r

Reaction score
Hello folks, first time Mustang owner here!

1994 GT Convertible, 92k, has E303 cam, Cold Air Intake, MSD Ignition, custom exhaust and 3.73 gears all installed by prior owners.

This is my first dive into sports cars since my 82 Trans Am in 1989-90! Reading lots, subscribing to the relevant forums and hope to really enjoy my new toy!

Jr

OP
OP
J

jun10r

Reaction score
Trying to decide if I want to put on smoked headlights (and taillights) I was all about to buy them when I started reading a lot of comments about terrible quality and fit? Mine are sitting in there all lopsided and the weatherstripping is missing in several places, looks a bit rough.

A/C is giving me fits at the moment, charged it all up and blowing cold, left for vacation and came back this week and compressor is not kicking on now. (It was at least coming on for a second and off before...makes me think I blew a fuse.) So that is next.

Fixing the power seat for the driver... so those are the things that need fixing the quickest.

Then the next major decision is the hood. My dad thinks the fading will be just in the clear coat and he knows some OLD SCHOOL tricks where you essentially shoot clear and "fill them" up. He just did this on his Toyota truck, and on my Uncles show truck and both come out fantastic, VERY shiny. If not... then decisions have to be made. Repainting the hood would be the easiest... but the wife (and I, and dad) all love RED. So very possible we may decide to just paint the whole car. We have all the tools and skills, so only cost is the paint and materials.

I guess the VERY first thing will be starting to detail and clean it from one end to the other. Off to go to the Mustang show here in Greensboro in the morning for inspiration!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stingracer

Reaction score
A/C compressor is probably fine but you do have a leak. The compressor doesn't run if it doesn't have any gas in the system. If you re-charge it again you should see the compressor switch on again.

Figure out what color you want the car before you purchase headlights and corners. You might choose a style and shade that you like with one color that you don't like with another.

Good luck, looks like you have a fun project with only minor issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online