New Best . . . but still in the 10s

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
The car ran a new best of 10.208 @ 133.886 mph. Backed it up with a 10.213 @ 131.9.

I have the car figured out to the point that I know what it'll take to get into the 9s. Here's the "to do" list.

1. Bump timing to 40 degrees from the current 36

2. Adjust valve lash

3. Install 4.30s

4. Install new pushrods so I can crank up the pan-evac

5. Install new merge collectors

These steps should put me solidly in the 9s (probably between 9.70 and 9.80). I'm going to get the car certed this week so that I can make my licensing passes a week from Friday.

:bunny3:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
hows the temps over there now, you are in a race aginst summer here too right?

ripper

Reaction score
Holly shit Tad! Can you somehow get an in car vid? Id like to see what it looks like from wheeeelie to chute.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! Two questions though: What are merge collectors and what is the pan - evac?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Merge collectors are for the headers. Pan-evac is a system that draws air/vapor out of the crankcase, the creating a vacuum in the crankcase and allowing the internal engines components to spin more freely.

Impressive times Truuble. What is your combination?

Paul.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Paul said:
Merge collectors are for the headers. Pan-evac is a system that draws air/vapor out of the crankcase, the creating a vacuum in the crankcase and allowing the internal engines components to spin more freely.

Impressive times Truuble. What is your combination?

Paul.

It's a World ManoWar 427 block with Brodix Track One 225 Heads and a Ron's Fuel Flying Toilet alcohol injection system with a C4 and an Edge 6000 stall converter.

Stevo said:
Holly shit Tad! Can you somehow get an in car vid? Id like to see what it looks like from wheeeelie to chute.

Here's a vid from a while back. This run was around 10.30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X08g3IHSt8

ripper

Reaction score
Friggin nice :thumb: Car seems to handle well. Very smooth.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Stevo said:
Friggin nice :thumb: Car seems to handle well. Very smooth.

Thanks. It's even better, now. I have the suspension dialed in to the point that it looks like it's on rails going down the track.