New but not new to Mustangs

Tazzy

Reaction score
Been trying to find some one who can help me with my Mustang ..I have a 95 Mustang GTS and her name is Stormy and her name fits her because she is giving me a fit ...?She started running rough a few months ago and I started changing oiut a few things thinking this would help her out ..?But now she won't run at all ....I changed the coil ..?then the air sensor on the throttle ...next the plugs and wires then the cap and rotter ....but still she won't start .. Her battery is good ..But I don't have a OBD 1 scanner im aboiut to get me one along with the volt meter ...can always use one of those ....now my question is I'm a bit confused I'm not getting a spark to the coil but I thought the coil fed the distributer not the other way around ..?She was running till I changed the plugs and wires ....Mind you badly but she was running ....?????? And no she isn't my first Mustang she is my 15 ...44702855_10212702578255720_5915030291491061760_o.jpg

Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
Welcome!

Make sure the firing order is correct, the plug wires are on the right spot on the cap and test the ICM.

dcm0123

Reaction score
Verify the number one position on the distributer cap matches the number one position of the engine. Bring the damper pointer to TDC and the rotor should be at #1 or 180 degrees out. You need to verify number 1 cylinder is on the compression stroke to make sure you are not 180 degrees out.

If someone pulled the distributor and put it back in wrong #1 in the cap may not match #1 on the damper.

Suggest you change the cap and rotor as well in case one is cracked.

Could be other ignition issues as noted above. Strange it was running before you changed the wires.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Whenever problems like this happen to me back in my pushrod days, it was always the tfi module.

But i agree with these guys, its strange how it started to happen directly after swapping plug wires.

Be sure the rotor button is under the cap and makes good contact.

I think youll find the problem, just keep us informed.

OP
OP
Tazzy

Tazzy

Reaction score
Well I found this sure it may help ...In back woods Texas maybe one of the last ones LOL ...
IMG_20211012_141836.jpg

07GtS197

Reaction score
Those are actually still made I have one for my 87 grand marquis. It’s a great tool to have.

OP
OP
Tazzy

Tazzy

Reaction score
Those are actually still made I have one for my 87 grand marquis. It’s a great tool to have.
Oh i know im sure there out there just not in this little town LOL... most thing like that id be driving to Houston to find ,,Thats why it so hard to find a human to help with fixing her here ...there so hard to find too LOL

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I'll probably sell my Ford star tester when I go on the megasquirt and the blower for my 95 EEC
If you are running stock electronics and computer
Those come in real handy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online