New cams installed!

ltdan

Reaction score
Well it was not the easiest of projects, but the Comp Cams XE270AH are installed, and they are awesome.
No tune yet, but so far the car is a lot more enjoyable to drive, the power band is up higher, but there is more power even at lower RPMs.

Preparing for disassembly.

150k miles of gunk.

Out with the old.

Yes I see the run. First time using this stuff and they say put it on heavy.

Getting the left side dialed in. I had experienced help during the whole project.

Then the right side.

Both sides done.

Stupid writing wouldn't come off so had the paint it with aluminum engine paint. Figured after beating the shit out of the old water pump to get it out that it might as well be time for a new one.

Cleaning a little as it goes back together.

Instagrammed. Without all of the wires and tubes these aren't bad looking motors.

Ready to fire up, anticipation building now.

And then...

http://youtu.be/FlDtHgTZdEM

punched281

Reaction score
Quick question for ya!

I am having issued with my tensioner failing. I have done three of them so far! When you installed your passenger side chain, did you allow the slack of the chain to be on the tensioner side? (before installing the tensioner)

I noticed there is a lot of slack on the top guide side when no tensioner is on...

Sounds really good too!

Wichers123

Reaction score
Quick question for ya!

I am having issued with my tensioner failing. I have done three of them so far! When you installed your passenger side chain, did you allow the slack of the chain to be on the tensioner side? (before installing the tensioner)

I noticed there is a lot of slack on the top guide side when no tensioner is on...

Sounds really good too!
Which tensioner are you using plastic or the steel one?

OP
OP
L

ltdan

Reaction score
The chain slack is not a problem as long as you make sure to keep all of it on the tensioner side while you are setting timing and degreeing the cams. Even after the tensioner is installed there will still be slack in the chain until you start the motor because it has to be pumped up with oil.

OP
OP
L

ltdan

Reaction score
Also the Ford Racing timing set that I bought from MMR came with the plastic tensioners. I had heard that they are not as good, but since the car had plastic tensioners on it for the last 150k miles and they were still going strong, I decided to just go ahead and use them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online