"new car" named -Bruiser-

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CycKlone, Nov 24, 2015.

1. CycKlone

CycKlone New Member

I am more of the stalker type I been reading back posts and answering most of my own questions so don't expect to see much from me

anyways I bought my son (he's 11yo) a dark blue/gray 98 V6 5speed for a whole $600 (merry Christmas and happy birthday)

Good - price, interior carpets, headliner, trunk space, rear seats, glass, runs & no water in oil, tags good till April, 3- 1/2 full jugs of anti-freeze in trunk?

Bad - no tires will hold air, fUGLY rims (OEM), bad bad front seats, F/R quarter panel has huge dent, fiberglass molding over door is busted, was told "the brakes whoosh vs stopping" (not sure what that means yet), & of course those 3- 1/2 full jugs of anti-freeze in trunk!!

Ugly- headlights white cloudy/foggy, trunk lid is black, very edge of passenger door has a good dent (not sure what I can do with that yet), 3-4yrs of tree sap, both bumpers are pretty scrapped/scuffed up

Named Bruiser --because exterior is blue/primer black --black and blue what else would it be called
    Best part-- My son knows he is doing all the work-- I am supervision and financial supporter of project, and good family friend owns a auto body shop so hoping I can wholesale most of my "needs"

2. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

Sounds like a good project for the both of you. Post somepics. We can give ideas

BAM!

3. Burninriverdiver

Burninriverdiver Well-Known Member

Welcome! That's a great way to have a 16 year old appreciate and respect their car, have them rebuild it themselves for 5 years! Good luck and keep us posted on the progress

4. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

This sounds awesome!

5. PinkieT

PinkieT Well-Known Member

Great way to get a kid into cars! My brother and I shared our first car, a 65 Falcon. My dad paid for parts when it broke down, but not labor, or things like seat covers and a stereo. We learned how to rebuild carbs, do brake jobs, solder radiator leaks, install stereos, change shocks and springs, do basic body work, etc. Keep us posted on your progress. BTW I have scored a lot of great parts cheap from a local pull-a-part wrecking yard. If you have one nearby, check it out. I scored a factory rear spoiler for $20. I've seen decent seats for $35. Good hunting!