NEW CAR PURCHASE!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SVTstang96, Sep 6, 2014.

1. SVTstang96

SVTstang96 Well-Known Member

So after 3 years with my trusty 2000 Ford Focus I have decided to part ways with it. I went out and purchased this to replace it!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a 2004 Mini Cooper. It has 54200 miles and is equipped with the sport package, fog lights, panoramic sun roof, power windows/locks/mirrors, cruise control, abs, traction control, 6 airbags, and a 5 speed manual. Best part was I only paid $5000 for it! The car is super fun and sporty to drive but, not like a mustang fun way. More like an italian job/getaway driver kind of way. It only weights 2315 lbs so its very light compared to a normal car. It also gets 30+ mpg highway!

2. Cpotts13

Cpotts13 Well-Known Member

Ooooooooooh I like it . .

3. SVTstang96

I may do a build thread for it. However I don't have much plans for it. I have ordered caps for the roof rack bolts, and am looking for a driver mirror and tail light to replace these ones since they have a crack on them. Otherwise the car is pretty rust free and has no noticeable dents or scratches. Im contemplating putting number on the driver door and hood but I am going to photoshop something first to see what I think.

4. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

Our Secretary got one and gave me the keys, I flogged it in the Office hood for a couple of miles. Fun little car, but it sure was little.

5. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

Nice! i'm jelly. I always wanted one ever since I saw the italian job! Shit I might look for one now, wonder how they do in snow

6. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

A friend of mine has a John Cooper Works edition and I kid you not in 5th and 6th gear it kept up with my buddies 46 M3.
    Cool little cars, they are.

7. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Sweet! Is this the year with the huge dial speedo in the middle? That's the only thing I hate.

My girlfriend badly wants one and I definitely support that! I could have fun with one of those. Especially if she could get a works mini!

I know what you mean about the small manual cars being fun to drive. They're not fast but they're snappy and you can just fire through the gears. Then you look down and it hasn't drank any gas lol. Love my focus for that. Its not super exciting or anything neck break but its fun to rip around in.

8. SVTstang96

They do pretty well in the snow. They are essentially a BMW but front wheel drive. Its light, front wheel drive, relatively small tires, and has traction control and abs.

Yeah I wish it was the S version or the JCW one but this is just the standard 1.6l 5 speed. Its not super quick but its pretty zippy.

Yes they are, however you can select a digital readout on the one behind the steering wheel if you don't want to look over to the center. There is also a relocation kit that uses the center one for nav/glove box and installs those behind the wheel. Forget the name but i might look into it.

9. Orange 94

Don't the new ones have it in the proper place? I wonder how hard it would be to fit one of those in?

10. SVTstang96

I think they do

11. SVTstang96

So I found some cool decals for the car. I changed one up to fit the business. What do you guys think? I know.... advertising a mustang parts place on a mini cooper is a bit weird but i kinda like it.....

[​IMG]

12. edumspeed

edumspeed New Member

Cool ride. I've rode in a few that a chick I know has had (she sells them) and they're fun. Too small for my taste, but cool. Congrats :)

13. white95

white95 Apex Junky Admin

14. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

They are fun cars to drive and surprisingly have room inside good luck with it.

Turbo?

15. SVTstang96

Thats a nice looking car. Gen 2 has a few features that I wish the Gen 1 did like the opening rear sunroof, and nicer seats however the gauges suck on Gen 2's. Oh and the color, from what I have read the blue/white is actually a really desirable color and will usually fetch a few hundred more dollars.

Its super fun to drive! Every corner feels like I am in the Italian Job.... Sadly no its just the N/A 1.6L i4 engine...

16. Tony

Tony Legend

i wish i wasn't a giraffe...i'd be all over a mini cooper. they look so fn cool slammed with deep dish wheels. love 'em

17. SVTstang96

How tall are you? Im 6'2" and 220lbs and I fit just fine. I would say if your over 6'5" you may feel a bit uncomfortable.

18. Orange 94

Tony is 6' yeti"

I think it needs a blower!

19. SVTstang96

I agree! Actually the Gen1 s-models have a blower on them. I was originally looking at one in the same blue/white exterior with black leather interior that was a S version. However it had 137k miles and was a year older (2003) and he wanted $7900. My plan is to keep the car through the winter and then next spring/summer see whats available out there for the S versions. If all goes to plan I will sell this one for a pretty good profit and then buy one of the s versions and hopefully keep a few $ in my pocket.

20. SnakeMedic

SnakeMedic Member

Mini's are sweet cars. Awesome purchase, especially with those options! My buddy has a JCW GP edition. That thing is badass.