New carb setup w/Novi2k blower

bottlefed97

Reaction score
A lot of people have probably forgotten about this car, but we are finally back to working on it and we're fairly close to having it running again.

The last time it ran was in November of 2011: http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?47831-She-lives!

We switched to a blow-thru carb'd setup with an MSD ignition system and a 2-step. We also added an Innovators West harmonic balancer (the entire setup is 8-rib).

With fuel injection and a Bullet intake the car made 528 to the wheels. We're hoping for 600 this time around! I'll update as we make more progress.

O9DzFQA.jpg

13n0RkP.jpg

hUm5Ath.jpg

OP
OP
bottlefed97

bottlefed97

Reaction score
punched281 It's a CSU custom carb, I can't recall the size at the moment though.

As of today she finally runs!! Vid and pics below.

[video=youtube;quC1vEOeRKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quC1vEOeRKQ[/video]

FJxou24.jpg

2LfMXmM.jpg

Lsu1Zxc.jpg

EqJtSwv.jpg

C5OAKhe.jpg

qT8iqNU.jpg

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Bet your excited...congrats man and best of luck with it

330CubeGt

Reaction score
2 Days after my car was tuned by patrick at sniper on 13 psi my motor let go. Come tp find out he never adjusted the timing table and it was to stock specs...

Please please don't take yours there next time around to get it tuned! Glad to see you guys getting it back together the car should be a beast again!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice to see you didn't give up on the car , I'm really digging the blow thru carb'd setup with novi and the msd ignition system I always love seeing them going into front of one of the heads

OP
OP
bottlefed97

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

That beast sounds so mean!!! Hope you get some more videos of it!

I will soon once she's running perfect and we can get on it hard!

2 Days after my car was tuned by patrick at sniper on 13 psi my motor let go. Come tp find out he never adjusted the timing table and it was to stock specs...

Please please don't take yours there next time around to get it tuned! Glad to see you guys getting it back together the car should be a beast again!

What a mistake using Pat & Sniper was... Never again. We're using MSD Pro Data+ software as well as my dad's extensive carb knowledge this time around lol.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to see this car around, it's come a long long ways. How are you liking the blow-thru carb setup? I was toying around with picking up a used blower and figuring out a way to get some boost in the 67 but carb's + boost is intimidating to me haha.

OP
OP
bottlefed97

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Glad to see this car around, it's come a long long ways. How are you liking the blow-thru carb setup? I was toying around with picking up a used blower and figuring out a way to get some boost in the 67 but carb's + boost is intimidating to me haha.

Thanks man! So far we really like it, but the real test will come once we take the car to the strip. Currently we've only pushed the car to 4k @ 10psi and it did great, so hopefully it'll be fine when we get to 8k @ ~20psi.

Centrifugal blowers are a pain with the whole belt setup (we've shredded prob 10 belts by now) but once you get them setup properly they're so much fun!

OP
OP
bottlefed97

bottlefed97

Reaction score
This update has been a long time coming, but we finally have the Mustang running right. I was able to get the car down the 1/4 with a 10.94 @ 126.

My 17 year old sis was able to best that and ran a 10.72 @ 131! I'll get around to posting some pics/vids soon.

13010893_10156705400670198_2060173440656726515_n.jpg

punched281

Reaction score
That is awesome!

Do you do any street driving with the carb?

I went with the C&S aerosol carb. I like it so far but still getting it tuned in.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As I recall, you planned to keep a/c and everything and have a 10 second car. still the plan?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wait.......you got outdrove by a chick?????

Shame shame shame........ Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
A 17yr young sister at that!!

Oh well who cares,...right? The car lives and is a BEAST!!! Congratulations bro!

OP
OP
bottlefed97

bottlefed97

Reaction score
That is awesome!

Do you do any street driving with the carb?

I went with the C&S aerosol carb. I like it so far but still getting it tuned in.

At first it was a challenge getting the car to run right with the carb, but once my dad was able to tune the setup it runs fantastic! No stalling what so ever.

As I recall, you planned to keep a/c and everything and have a 10 second car. still the plan?

Yep that's still the plan. It still has full A/C & heat we just removed the brake booster.

Wait.......you got outdrove by a chick?????

Shame shame shame........ Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

I did I'm not afraid to admit it! However my last pass of the night was when I was bracket racing 1/8 mile and the car went 6.82 which probably would have been around a 10.60 in the 1/4.

A 17yr young sister at that!!

Oh well who cares,...right? The car lives and is a BEAST!!! Congratulations bro!

Thanks man! It's been a long time in the works but she's finally running good.

Awesome Stang, Awesome ET's, CONGRATS :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online