New carpet and floor mats..before,during and after pics.

JoshHooten

Reaction score
I did this a little bit back and just haven't been able to post it.. i was sick of looking at my old 20 year old carpet, had people spill stuff etc.. so i ordered some new carpet and floor mats got both for under $200.. i took some pics for anyone who was thinking of doing it also.
before.. yes i clean my car, but i had been busy for a while and neglected it this winter.lol
DSCN1690_zps9dc544bc.jpg

DSCN1693_zps218f3b47.jpg

Just because.
DSCN1695_zps5f268bf0.jpg

just plain nasty, all kinds of dirt and stuff
DSCN1697_zpscd26baed.jpg

the knob wouldn't come off the shifter so i just left the boot on.
DSCN1699_zpsef1216c9.jpg

all out and cleaned up.
DSCN1700_zpsd8439046.jpg

DSCN1701_zps83f3d3ab.jpg

to get it to this point was actually tough.. it comes un cut and without holes. it is easy to cut and easy to mess up too.
DSCN1703_zps16b4dc83.jpg

the seats..the passenger seat to the right, my brother spilled some bbq in the seat.
DSCN1705_zps80a75504.jpg

I took this time to shampoo the seats.. all i used was some simple stain remover spray, a spray bottle of water and a couple of scrub brushes with a shop vac to pull it all out.

before.
DSCN1714_zps2a3f5116.jpg

after.
DSCN1715_zps6ea40562.jpg

new carpet with the mats.
DSCN1716_zps762adbbd.jpg

DSCN1717_zps9bb17a53.jpg

DSCN1723_zps74481a9b.jpg

all in all, well worth the $200, i am in need of some new seats. i have had a few family probs over the past few months, hopefully once they are all resolved i can do some more mods.
but i say to anyone thinking about it..do it, it cleans the car up a lot.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I did the same back the beginning of this year with new Charcoal in place of my stock worn out tan carpet.

How come we never see you at any meets here in Ga

OP
OP
JoshHooten

JoshHooten

Reaction score
I did the same back the beginning of this year with new Charcoal in place of my stock worn out tan carpet.

How come we never see you at any meets here in Ga
i work on sats which is when most of the meets are.. i haven had a sat off in years.. i am hoping to do some work on the car here pretty soon, and maybe then i can bring it to some meets.

Suspect

Reaction score
looks good. I put in sound deadener before I threw in the new carpet and seats. just did it a ways back and just feels good getting into the car now. so much I had to do my lightning soon after.

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Looks good man! I'm surprised you didn't clean your stock carpet though. I pulled some black carpet out of one of my old parts cars that seriously looked like it had come from a jeep that had been sitting at the bottom of a lake. Even found a joint under the driver side seat. Haha but I power washed it, shampoo and steam cleaned it and it came out like brand new from the factory. Didn't have to cut any holes and it laid right down.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Looks great!!

New carpet makes a HUGE difference in how the car looks. Whenever I'd buy a new (used) Mustang that was always one of the first things I'd do. It's cheap and makes a big difference. Nice work on those seats too. Now clean the rest of the interior!! :)

Paul.

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Looks so much better! I have had new carpet in my garage for a few weeks now, I really need to get it installed now

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Is that a 2011+ GT shifter ball? Looks just like mine.

OP
OP
JoshHooten

JoshHooten

Reaction score
Is that a 2011+ GT shifter ball? Looks just like mine.
its the mach1 shifter ball..and yea the carpet sat in my garage for a few weeks..until i got bored and ripped it all out..

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
That's the first mod I did on my old 96 GT with tan interior and MAN it changed the look of the interior.

here's a pic:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Has the car been wrecked? It appears perhaps you had the airbags deploy in the past.

OP
OP
JoshHooten

JoshHooten

Reaction score
Has the car been wrecked? It appears perhaps you had the airbags deploy in the past.
yea its a long story, not wrecked.. several years ago the car was parked at my moms house and i left an interior light on..so the battery went dead..my mom is an alcholic, and she wanted to go get a drink i guess..she denies it, but im sure thats what it was..it was in the garage.so she pushes it out to the driveway to get someone to jump her off, only her house is on a slight hill, her being a woman who knows nothing about cars and physics thought it would just stop.it rolled across the street, through a wood fence..between two huge oak trees, turned and fell off a 3foot wall and stopped just before another fence.the day before i had just got it aligned. cracked the dash and both airbags blew..thats it..the car wasn't even knocked out of alignment and nothing else broke. i have one airbag, and i need one more,,i also have someone i am going to buy a dash from as soon as i get some stuff cleared up first.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Im thinking of ditching my grey carpet for black. How hard was it to install and cut? Was there a lot of cutting involved?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online