new console lid and steering wheel

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by 9D6snake, Mar 3, 2015.

1. 9D6snake

9D6snake New Member

Hey guys where can I find a factory Steering wheel and just the center console lid for a 96 cobra ? I've checked Resto, TMI and other sites cant seem to find any...I'm a bit baffled. Thanks, I'm just trying to clean up my interior a bit !

2. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Junk yard, eBay, mustang classifieds.

Do you have an existing wheel and lid? Could always get them redone by redline goods.

3. Tony

Tony Legend

skip redline goods and go with http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/ if you do have your wheel and lid. turn around is a lot faster and better quality wheel wrapping imo. the console lid covers from redline are a joke. they fit like shit!

4. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I don't think [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] and other members have had issues from redline.

5. Tony

Tony Legend

he said before he had to do some tweeking for the lid cover to fit. i've seen some wheel covers/wraps look ok and some look like crap.

6. ttocs

ttocs Legend

By tweaking I meant I took the cover off of the console and then used some light adhesive to ensure it didn't move. I would have done that with any one I got really. Been really happy with my wrap as well, I thought you were the one complaining about the wrinkles we all hoped would work their way out? They are both great vendors with good product I would not bad mouth either myself.

7. 9D6snake

9D6snake New Member

I do have them both. Thanks guys I'll look into those places ! Appreciate it

8. Tony

Tony Legend

yea the wrinkles are nearly all out just from sitting in my attic. i couldn't imagine just shooting some adhesive on the redline arm rest cover i got from them lol. it seriously fit like it would if i just threw a hair net on it.

9. ttocs

ttocs Legend

If I had my way it would not have had the elastic on the bottom and I could have just used the adhesive to hold it and the lid where it screws on, but if I didn't like it I would not have got a 2nd one from him.

10. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

I don't have a steering wheel from Redline - but I do have the arm rest. It turned out just fine for me. I haven't put many "miles" on it yet, but it seems like it will be just fine :dontknow: While I thought it would, the elastic didn't really bother me that much. After I installed it, you can't even tell.

11. Tony

Tony Legend

yea mine was too big. i had to take the plastic underside off...pull the leather tight and hot glue the shit on lol. seemed more like a universal lid cover than an sn95 specific piece.

12. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

Oh that sucks. Mine seemed to fit very well - if anything, it was a touch too small, which was perfect for me because I could stretch it more to keep it smooth. I removed the plastic underside of the arm rest, tucked the elastic "band" under that pulled tight, then tightened the plastic underside down with its screws - seemed to hold it very well. I haven't used it much yet, so maybe my elbow moving around it will cause wrinkles, but so far it looks good. Maybe yours got made a little too big? Maybe the material has something to do with it as well? :dontknow:

13. ttocs

ttocs Legend

mine was super tight/small as well. Something obviously went wrong with tonys and I know if its messed up he would fix it by sending a new one if he knew. He had one slight detail off on mine and when I told him he said he would have another one out to me in a few days to correct it.

14. Tony

Tony Legend

hmmmm....idk man. i kinda just assumed they were all made the same lol. i shoulda posted pics of it when i first put it on. also i asked for the shifter boot to be an inch smaller in height because i have a short throw....held it next to my oem shift boot and it was a tad longer :angry: which was no bigy...just more material to tuck away. great quality leather though i will say that. car still smells like new leather even in the paint shop :p