New Edge duck bill spoiler

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. Im repairing a 40% Cessna 310 right now (15 foot wingspan).. which is the first of my projects i have gotten to work on.... well... except for fixing the money pit of a Raptor i bought. ‍[emoji3603]‍[emoji3603]‍[emoji3603]‍[emoji3603]

What happened to the raptor???? You ain’t had it that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joe65

joe65

Reaction score
well since i started this thread. let me know what you want for a fiberglas one and if anyone else is interested it would be cool to have one. But understanding the limits of time i wouldn't ask you to get all the stuff ramped up again for just one.

Joe

Thomas_W

Reaction score
well since i started this thread. let me know what you want for a fiberglas one and if anyone else is interested it would be cool to have one. But understanding the limits of time i wouldn't ask you to get all the stuff ramped up again for just one.

Joe

doing 1 or 10 doesnt really change the time invested individually, so even doing just 1 isnt a huge headache.

Fiberglass ones are $350+Shipping which runs $75 for 99% of the US.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
What happened to the raptor???? You ain’t had it that long.

Been mostly fixing “professional” shops crap. There was 3’ of extra battery cable clamped between the stock battery terminal clamps and the battery. ALL of the speaker wiring had to be redone. Speaker adapter plates made from plywood and installed with drywall screws.
Aftermarket alarm that has exposed wiring everywhere (still havent gotten all of this mess sorted)
Leaf springs that need replaced.
Upper control arm uni-balls that are worn out and need replaced... but as so rusted inside the cups i have broken 3 press setups trying to get them out.
Had to rewire the entire radio system... thay was a headache.

and then its just been 100k mile service crap (fluids, plugd, wires, etc).

most of it hasnt been that bad, just big ticket items (leaf springs were $3k!).

Knowing now what i do... i wouldnt of bought the thing. Its a blast to drive, but for what i have put into it time and money wise, i could of completely rebuilt the drivetrain and accessories in my other truck (minus engine and trans).

The raptor blue books higher now than when i bought it and i have been tempted to just sell it... especially on a day like today when i’ve spent 9 hours trying to get 1 damn uniball out of the control arm and broken 2 more tools...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Been mostly fixing “professional” shops crap. There was 3’ of extra battery cable clamped between the stock battery terminal clamps and the battery. ALL of the speaker wiring had to be redone. Speaker adapter plates made from plywood and installed with drywall screws.
Aftermarket alarm that has exposed wiring everywhere (still havent gotten all of this mess sorted)
Leaf springs that need replaced.
Upper control arm uni-balls that are worn out and need replaced... but as so rusted inside the cups i have broken 3 press setups trying to get them out.
Had to rewire the entire radio system... thay was a headache.

and then its just been 100k mile service crap (fluids, plugd, wires, etc).

most of it hasnt been that bad, just big ticket items (leaf springs were $3k!).

Knowing now what i do... i wouldnt of bought the thing. Its a blast to drive, but for what i have put into it time and money wise, i could of completely rebuilt the drivetrain and accessories in my other truck (minus engine and trans).

The raptor blue books higher now than when i bought it and i have been tempted to just sell it... especially on a day like today when i’ve spent 9 hours trying to get 1 damn uniball out of the control arm and broken 2 more tools...

That all sucks ass royally. But on the bright side you’ll have a totally badass truck once it’s all done!!!!

Thomas_W

Reaction score
That all sucks ass royally. But on the bright side you’ll have a totally badass truck once it’s all done!!!!

haha. Yea its a blast to drive... these upper control arms are hopefully the last major hurdle i have to deal with..

My wife has been on me about removing the camper shell and bed rug.

i told her i would as long as she doesnt complain about me getting a bed cage and 4” shocks for 17” of rear suspension travel. Lol

she was fine with it till i told her the shocks were $4k for the pair. Lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of like how the army rule use to be for guys who weren’t uuuhhhh....... let’s just say manly.

Don’t ask, don’t tell. As long as SHE don’t ask, YOU don’t tell!!!!!!! [emoji38]

MTRHDROB

Reaction score
Just to be clear. The spoiler that Thomas makes is for the New Edge or the Jellybean?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online