New Edge or Keep my SN95?

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do you sand a car that's being repainted the same color to bare metal? I didn't think you did that on a repaint, but I also am clueless when it comes to body work.
I was told my paint was about 120ish a qoart

Depends on the desired outcome, but 90% of the time, no.

Depends on who makes it and what color it is. The black/blue pearl for my Civic is $50/pint. The red for my Silverado with $125/pint. Both of those are PPG brand. So as you can tell, price can vary greatly from vehicle to vehicle simply by the color choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris91

Reaction score
Keep your wheels and trade. New Edge is superior in many ways, brakes, engine, looks. I know I'm going to catch shit for this but I have owned Foxes, a couple 94's and a couple New Edge cars and would pick a New Edge over them all.

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Keep your wheels and trade. New Edge is superior in many ways, brakes, engine, looks. I know I'm going to catch shit for this but I have owned Foxes, a couple 94's and a couple New Edge cars and would pick a New Edge over them all.

Oh I would definitely be keeping the wheels. I thought the brake were basically the same on the gts.

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Depends on the desired outcome, but 90% of the time, no.

Depends on who makes it and what color it is. The black/blue pearl for my Civic is $50/pint. The red for my Silverado with $125/pint. Both of those are PPG brand. So as you can tell, price can vary greatly from vehicle to vehicle simply by the color choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure on the brand but it was for my factory autumn orange

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Ok Chris...Lmao..I almost agreed with you til you got to the word "Looks"

GEORGEKLASS

Reaction score
I would keep the 97. A decent paint job isn't that expensive. $1500 could make it look really presentable. Can you do any body work yourself before sending it out? Removing trim pieces, lights, etc def helps as well. Bring the car there slightly dismantled and put it all back together yourself once painted.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Well Damm Chris...Ppl do love Black Cars :eek:..That's what I think.. It truly is ....Seeing how wicked that Monster is!! Or..I'm just bieased seeing how I've had my 97 since Oct 97"

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Oohhhh I know what you mean...Its alot of work..That SS will wear you out :)

chris91

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, I love my car and all but its just a BIOTCH to keep clean and you have to be so careful with it or you have to break out the buffer. Being a detailer of 18 years its the color I hate the most.

Carnage281

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, I love my car and all but its just a BIOTCH to keep clean and you have to be so careful with it or you have to break out the buffer. Being a detailer of 18 years its the color I hate the most.
Black on cars is a double edged sword. It looks good clean but is a pita to keep it like that and to maintain it. I remember I wanted a black new edge, but then I found the dark shadow grey gt I have now. I'm so it's not black. lol

myk

Reaction score
I don't really put too much effort into the black one as it sits outside. I'll spend all afternoon detailing and as I'm walking away it's already collecting dirt...bleah....

Goldmember

Reaction score
Should have read the entire thread first, but I'll give my opinion anyway. This one worked out for the better, for you. Looks isn't everything especially when you're dealing with cars of this age...

if I was you, the '97 for me hands-down. I owned an Aztec Gold '97 and my silver '04 was totaled by a careless driver 2 months ago. What I'm going to say might go against the grain but... there wasn't a single category, looks, performance, whatever where I preferred the '04 to my '97. You have the second-rarest color of 1997, it's rarer than a Mystic by several hundred cars, and good money invested. Keep it. (Which you're doing) Just my 2 cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99