new edge window glass retainment

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by godfearingman, Mar 2, 2016.

1. godfearingman

godfearingman Active Member

Hi I have a buddy who recently bought an new edge mustang and the drivers side window was loose and while I was tinting his windows found out I can pull out the glass from the door frame. I'm assuming the retainer rivets have been drilled out or something I'll have to look at it again to verify but if that's the case what size bolts and nuts could I use to reattach the glass to the regulator/window assembly?

2. Thomas_W

Thomas_W Well-Known Member

Its probly more likely that the glass has come unglued from the attachment clips.

3. godfearingman

godfearingman Active Member

Didn't think about or know that they used glue to attach the glass if it is the glue what kinda of glue would I need to reattach it?

4. Thomas_W

Thomas_W Well-Known Member

Yea i have no clue what kind of glue it is. When i reglued mine, the stuff looked like hot glue. Lol

i used a Flexible Hysol epoxy adhesive to reglue mine in. Its just some stuff i had in the fridge and not much use for. At $250/tube plus needing the $500 specialty glue gun, i wouldnt suggest it lol

5. 07GtS197

07GtS197 Well-Known Member

This is a somewhat common problem for the 99-00 (?) my 00 gt had this happen to both windows. The passenger side I reglued and it worked pretty good but the drivers side was a pain in the ass. I reglued it then a few weeks later it came out of the regulator again. I tore the door apart to find that the regulator had tore off of the whole assembly it was attached to. I installed a new assembly and all was good for a few months but then the front of window would sag... I used some black epoxy from advance because the guy at the counter said it would hold but it didnt, but it did stick to my sweatpants for years lol.

Open up the door and make sure the black plastic piece that rides in the regulator isnt broken. I cant explain very well on here but if you need help then pm me.