New Exhaust question

jpajkos

Reaction score
Got money? Want different and exotic? Magnaflow x-pipe with bassani stinger cat back is that most exotic sound I have ever heard. I heard one on a mach 1 the other day and when he started it that car was saying "do not fu** with me. Now personally MAC is great for the money. I have a BBK x pipe with flowmaster American Thunder cat back. I like it but want a change just like you. I will either go with the MAC cat back or I will fab my own cat back. I have all the 2 1/2 inch pipe so i might just weld on some magna packs, flowpaths or I might give the loudmouths a try.

Ender

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Magnaflow x-pipe with bassani stinger cat back is that most exotic sound I have ever heard.

Stingers are by Borla, not Bassani. It is by far the best catback, Stingers + x-pipe = :rockyou:

jpajkos

Reaction score
Sorry I mean't Borla but had bassani stuck in my head for x pipes. I agree the Borla Stinger cat back is by far the best system out there. Paired with the Magnaflow x pipe it will defiantly give you a sound like no other.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
www.mustangupgrades.net
all the info you need.
1) they dont make stingers for the 94-98
2) they drone like he** when your cruising
3) DONT GET O/R H/X PIPE WITH LOUDMOUTHS!
trust me...its LOUD, like illegal loud, and the performance gains are minimal
unless your making some really good power. (that applies to all exhaust)
4) just try stuff out

EXHAUST IS LIKE ICE CREAM
EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN FAVORITE
FIND YOUR OWN

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
dont get me wrong
it sounds flippin awesome mean
but if your local police are anal,
you'll have a TON of tickets
not to mention emissions.....

Ender

Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
1) they dont make stingers for the 94-98
The only difference from 96-97 and 98-04 is the location of a couple exhaust hangers. Not hard to work around.
2) they drone like he** when your cruising
No drone on mine, don't know who told you that.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah i had heard about being able to jerry rig the stingers on
96-98's thanks ender,
i heard about the drone on www.mustangupgrades.net
so im just repeating what someone else said,
no offense to anyone

jpajkos

Reaction score
Borla stingers don't even have to be fab'd up for our cars. I know quite a few stang owners with them. Im like Matt I love the sound of my Flows. Everytime I drive around I get the people rubber neckin it :D

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
i just like the sound of the LM's
just sounds like.....
i wanna eat your children....
alright bad analogy but it just sounds
MEAN!!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I don't have it done but if/when I do exhaust it will be the MAC Offroad H with Flowmaster 40s.... It's the definition of what a v8 mustang should sound like.

S

scarface

Red96GT said:
I don't have it done but if/when I do exhaust it will be the MAC Offroad H with Flowmaster 40s.... It's the definition of what a v8 mustang should sound like.

Thats right :) That is my setup, along with MAC LT's

S

scarface

I think LMs sound like you want to ride around with open headers, but you thought you would stick some pipes out the back for the fun of it. THey are Way too loud for me. I like a good toned exhaust, not just loud and raspy.

Stock 96 GT

Reaction score
I would have to say Bassani, too. I have the stainless steel catback and O/R X pipe on my car and I love the sound. I don't really hear the "exotic" sound everyone says it has. It sounds like a mean muscle car to me. It's not terribly loud at idle, but when you get on it, it can get pretty loud. Also, you can't beat Bassani's quality. It's freakin' artwork! No rust!

STNG_96

Reaction score
The thing of it is, everybody wants to sound different, but its getting harder and harder. So many people nowadays are modifying there exhaust for one, so its very hard to get something that not very many people have, secondly, magnaflow, bassani, borla, slp are all straight through, so they all sound similar. Flowmaster, mac, dynomax, they are all chambered, so they sound similar. Now Im not saying that they all sound alike, but when coupled to the same motor, they have some similarities. Just find something that YOU, I emphasize YOU, like, and stick with it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online