New Exhaust question

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
hey guys. i have seen and heard so many mustangs with flowmaster and magnaflow. i went to mustang alley at the woodward dream cruise this year and just about every mustang there (600 total) sounded like it had flowmaster or magnaflow. i want mine to have a nice rumble without sounding like everyother mustang. what would be a good setup and brand?

S

scarface

Alot of poeple are swearing by MAC catback now. I had the flowmasters, then went to magnflows. Was too quiet, so I went back to the flows

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
If your putting on a aftermarket Midpipe would you need O2 extensions and MILS, or Just MILS? im trying to get everything down before i buy them

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Eww maggies.... Flowmasters sound pretty damn good i have to admit. Everytime i hear a flowmaster v8 stang i cant help but like it. I wanted to be different and ordered the MAC catback. I notice alot of deepness coming from it than from the stock catback. Inside the car it still sounds like the stock exhaust. Also, visit this site:
http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums/soundclips.php?catid=5

Tons of mustang exhaust clips! Please if you go to the MAC section pls dont listen to my car lol... it doesnt sound like anything currently. Sounds like complete shit in the clips :-\

I thought it was just mils @ jerzey

yellowgt

Reaction score
My buddy has an Atlantic blue Cobra Vert with a full MAC exhaust

The stang sounds insane.. :khobra:

caseypayne69

Reaction score
Wanna sound different and stand out? Get what I have, Ford racing shorty headers, Mustangtuning O/R X pipe, SLP loudmouth catback exhaust with 3.5 inch tips. New 02's, with steeda Mil eliminators. Sick sounding at 5500 RPM's.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
that's what i want. i want my stang to be different. want it to sound unique.
what would it sound like with no mufflers, just cats? if i did it temporarily?

S

scarface

JerZeyStangz said:
If your putting on a aftermarket Midpipe would you need O2 extensions and MILS, or Just MILS? im trying to get everything down before i buy them
Just MILS. Extentions were needed with my longtubes only, not the midpipe.

silversol said:
that's what i want. i want my stang to be different. want it to sound unique.
what would it sound like with no mufflers, just cats? if i did it temporarily?

Like shit IMHO :puke:

IT will be hard to sound different from every other stang for the simple fact that there are sooooo many of them. If you think of it, someone else has done it before.
Twista said:
this will be your best bet to find what you like.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks for all the help fellas
i think i am gonna go with slp loudmouth mufflers. as far as the midpipe-probably o/r h. and longtube headers. brands for these really don't make that much difference.

S

scarface

ask Ender on here about how the SLPs sound with an O/R hipe....Be ready to be VERY loud at WOT, then add Longtubes...OHG!

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
well i don't want it to sound so loud that it just sounds like im runnin of headers. i don't know. just want it to sound good. but i swear when i was at mustang alley back in august 2 out of every 3 mustangs had flows.

Ender

Reaction score
You don't want to run an o/r H with a straight through muffler like the SLP. I had an o/r H with my Borla Stingers for about a week before I bought an X, it just didn't sound good at all. I would recommend going with the full SLP setup if you want to use the LM catback. I now have SLP longtubes and catted X with my Borlas, it sounds great and the SLP stuff is very well made.

caseypayne69

Reaction score
It's personal prefercence on the SLP. I love mine, the first day I drove it with my new exhaust setup. I thought I was going to get pulled over, If I were to rip on it in town you can hear me fro blocks. When visiting my friends out in the country, they said they heard me 3 or 4 mins before I even get their if im hot rodding it.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks again for all the imput guys. still havent decided. cause i'm probably not going to be able to afford to keep changing my exhaust setup if i don't like it. so it's got to be as close to perfect (for me) as possible. i hear that x pipes sound more "race car" and h pipes have an old school rumble. so haven't decided on h or x pipes either really.

yellowgt

Reaction score
You are right, X pipes have that exotic sports car sound and the H pipes for sure give the car that old school muscle car sound.

I love the muscle car sound which is why I have a MAC catted H pipe and 2 chamber flowmaster catback.

It sounds awesome.

I do find that the MAC exhaust (catback) sounds way better on a 4.6 then it does on a 5.0

97gtconv.

Reaction score
i got full mac exhaust. i used to have mac off-road hipe and flowmaster original 40's catback. it was a good exhaust for the weekend but everday not so much. the mac to me fits my style and sound likeing way better than flows. if i just had weekend street-strip car i'd probably put flows on it. just because there cheap.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had the Mac prochamber and flowmaster catback, sounded great at idle.
Drone at 3K pissed me off, and it was kinda loud.

I love the sound of basanni, sounds like a race car!
but not annoying loud.

Heard good things about SLP, but some say it's too loud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online